There was moment of visible hesitation before,
My Ray is typing...

You read that fast.
Why are you up at 1am?

I turned my phone off, cursing at how ironic of all this was.

You better not be
watching Disney movies
and eating ice cream
without me ;(

Realising she wouldn't be leaving anytime soon I turned off the shower, wrapped a towel around my waist. Using another towel to dry my back, arms and to ruffled my hair dry.

Unlocking Colin's door, I took my phone leaving the steamy bathroom heading into my room.

I pulled on a pair of boxers before flopping down on my bed, unlocking my phone to see multiple crying emojis sent from Jay.

"Tell me about it."

J A Y

Beyoncé/ Soren is typing....

Nope, just laying in bed
And nice nails^

I huffed at his answer. All boys seemed to write shorts answers and then there's me... I reply in meaningful well thought-out paragraphs. Boys  probably do it without an second thought, when I'm here double checking with my best friend that my grammar is right. Okay, maybe that's a wee bit of an exaggeration .

Turning off my phone in annoyance and looked down at my nails, mentally saying I wouldn't text back for a good solid five minutes, to prove I wasn't needy.

Beyoncé/ Soren (I grabbed my phone quickly) is typing...

You want to?

I typed back, a sad pout forming on my lips and he replied seconds later;

Oh. Well.
I could come to you.
It's easier, you could
get in massive trouble
if he checks on you and
you're gone.

This was a bad idea, I was definitely not going to accept. No way, my father would skin me alive.

Beyoncé/ Soren is typing...

No one will even
notice I am gone

Soren knocked on my window softly half an hour later, I pulled it open and ushered him inside. Snow falling off his coat and onto my carpet, the cold breeze making me shiver only standing in T-shirt large and shorts.

He took off his coat and placed it on the floor next to my bed. I climbed onto my bed and pulled the computer towards me.

"Sorry, no big theatre. Just this computer." He shrugged off my comment, grabbing a bowl of ice cream that I had on my bedside table, "Hey, hey! You can't just come in here and eat my ice-cream without even saying Hi."

Through a massive mouthful of cookie and cream ice-cream he grumbled, "Hi."

My bed creaked as Soren laid down next to me. The old bracing groaned under the added weight, tipping to one side. I found myself sliding down toward Soren.

"What movie?" He whispered, my father sleeping a few rooms away.

"I was thinking... The Incredible?" My voice seemed to dull into the background as he chewed silently, "Do you know that movie?"

Still nothing but chewing until suddenly flicked his gaze to me, "no capes."

S O R E N

Soft sun light was the only reason I was shocked away from peaceful sleep, eyes flickering open.

My cheek was smudged against something warm, drool slipping from my mouth. Pulling my face away from the warm figure I pulled a hand away from the waist I was holding and whipped the side of my mouth.

What the hell?

Opening my eyes from sleepy slits I took in Jay's sleeping face, her lip slightly dropping, a bit of hair moving in her intake and exhale of breath.

Blush pricked my cheeks. I had been sleeping on her chest, curled away under Jay's chin. I, Soren McKinin had fallen asleep hugging someone. Footsteps echoed the halls, her father was awake. Fear gripped my heart and I grabbed her shoulders feeling almost bad for waking her up like I did, shaking her fiercely.

"Your dad--" her eyes snapped open and she shoved me in the chest from fright, forcing me to fall off the small bed. The thump that followed was painfully loud, the footsteps gathering speed I grabbed my coat, opening her window.

"No--" Jay grabbed the hood of my jacket, choking me as she pulled me back. I was shoved into her small wardrobe, the window closing with a snap just as the door opened.

"Jay, are you ok--" her father's voice stopped when he saw his daughter safely awake. Well, that's what I thought had happened because I was staring at a wooden door, inched away from my nose.

They talked in Spanish, an alien language to my ears before I heard her bedroom door close. The cupboard couldn't be opened from the inside so I waited until she opened it.

Jay put a finger to her lips and gestured for me follow her. I climbed out the window and looked up at her as she leaned down to past me my beanie.

"Today's the day," My voice shushed.

She nodded before smiling softly, not bearing any teeth.

Suddenly, I found myself at a loss for words. Just taking in Jay as she stood before me, snow flurries falling behind her, a couple blowing in through the half open window.

"Soren?" She whispered, and I lifted my hand, grazing the side of her soft cheek. Jay's brown eyes looked between mine and my lips, before she leaned in, barely at all really.

I tilted her face slightly with my hand, and met her halfway.

It was slow and hesitant at first, our lips barely brushed. But it only took a second until slowly, she kissed back, falling into me.

Seconds felt like hours, and I rested my forehead on hers, both of us breathing heavily. I opened my mouth once more.

"Jay."

I only remember thinking how gold Jay was as I kissed her. I only heard the thunderous thumping of my own heart.

It wasn't until I was home that I fully realized, her father would've seen my footprints in the snow.
-

Two updates in one day? No... Y E S!

Soooo there's a new awards called, 'The 2017 Awards!

It's small now but hopefully it'll grow and I have respect for books and campaigns that start off slow and nobody's into something amazing. Maybe HTPSM could win? It's not really a vote per say but it would help you just filled out the form of Title, Genre and tags to help HTPSM get seen?

Thank you so so so much! The2017Awards