17. a game, winner takes all

Just going to reward you for staying with this book

Just going to reward you for staying with this book. Here, have some abs.

[unedited]

J A Y

Soren walked through the door, a small ding notifying his entrance. He wore a black hoodie, his black hair falling over his forehead as he looked up from the ground to meet my gaze.

For someone not wanting anything to do with the the world he walked as if his purpose was to be the figurehead for the nation. His big shoulders were forced back, his head held high, his gaze strong and fearless, his walk was strong and confident. Yet, his hands were stuffed in his hoodie pockets, his hood was pulled up.

He walked up to the counter so I spoke, "Welcome to Fruit Friday, what can I get it you?"

He turned his gaze away from the old man reading the newspaper and held up two fingers, "One; why is this place called Fruit Friday when it's all day, everyday smoothie bar?" He put down a finger and left me staring at his rude finger, "Two; did somehow your most popular drink run out? You know exactly what I want."

I pushed my lips together and held back my comment, "Well Soren, you are a customer and I'm not a mind reader. If you haven't noticed, you tell me what you want and I serve it."

"I want an apology." He stated, staring me straight in the eyes, turning his head to one side slightly.

I scoffed, "I want an apology, my ass—"

"I'm sorry. Geez, stop begging." We held a hard gaze before he gave me a lopsided grin, "come on, nothing? I said I'm sorry."

"You shoved me up against a locker." I pointed out sarcastically, putting in his order before looking up at Soren's dull eyes.

"It was a loving act. I was just helping the janitor clean the locker with the back of your sweater." He said as if it was obvious, "Fruit Friday...on a Thursday, nope I will never understand."

"Get your smoothie and leave." I told him, looking around at the practically empty smoothie bar, it had been a quiet afternoon. There was the big soccer game tonight so most people had gone home to ready for the game in full team colours.

"I didn't come for only the smoothie, It's Colin and Robins big Soccer game tonight. Care to join me?" He asked, taking the smoothie out of Jamie's hand who handed it to him instead of calling his name.

"Soren, I have work."

"I'll pay your wage."

"Nope, not again. I could get fired and you shouldn't be paying for me." I pulled the cap with a the smoothie logo further down into my head, fiddling under Soren's strong gaze.