6. lifeline

S O R E N

S O R E N

I knew how sickly I looked by the reaction of Robin when I walked down the stairs.

His eyes widened as he pulled the glass away from his lips, taking a slow gulp before placing the glass on the marble bench.

"Better not let mum see you," Robin said, sitting on the stool as he ran his hand through his hair.

"I know." I huffed. I grabbed a bowl out of the cupboard before adding cereal and milk.

"Someone's in a good mood." Colin rubbed my head, messing up my hair and making me spill the milk.

"Fuck. Look what you did, you shithead." I turned to scowl at Colin, who looked at the split milk then back at me with an innocent smile.

"Whoops." Colin grinned, taking an apple out of the basket and saying with a full mouth, "One of the maids will clean it up."

"It's not their job to clean up after pigs like you." Red cut in as he entered in the kitchen, throwing a wet washcloth in my direction.

"Actually, it is." Robin pointed out, cleaning up the milk that Colin had turned his nose up to and I had abandoned.

"I need one of you to take Soren to school because someone," Red gave me a look, which I ignored, "lost his license."

Colin leant onto the table, I sat, at and smirked, "How much are you going to pay me?"

Robin pushed his twin aside and told me they'll be leaving in twenty minutes. I nodded and left my brothers to eat together.

Climbing the stairs, I stood in the middle of my room. It was quiet and dark; the sun outside couldn't pierce through the thick fabric.

Why leave such a haven of peace for hell of gossip and judgement? I didn't have to be perfect in this room. I was allowed to be "just Soren".

I sat in the front seat of the car and stared out the window trying to block out Colin's screams that were directed at his phone.

"Oh shut up! I'm trying to drive." Robin yelled as Colin swore about the football match, "Soren do something before we crash."

I lifted my head off the window and turned to look at Robin whose knuckles were white as he gripped the steering wheel.

"Hey, Colin?" I said bluntly, which caused him to look up from his phone, "Australia wins."