20. diaphragms

|There is a point where the song "Crazy by Madilyn  Bailey" is sung

|There is a point where the song "Crazy by Madilyn Bailey" is sung. Please, please, please go listen to it at that part! Makes it sooooo much better.|
[unedited]

J A Y

Sunday was just Monday in disguise, the day you regretted when you didn't do some homework on Saturday.

I sat in the local library, typing out my essay quickly, and hitting the keys so loudly the old librarian had to lean over her massive desk and hiss, "Shhhh."

The boy three seats down from me looked up from his book and laughed softly, "I feel like you think the harder you hit the keys the faster you'll type."

He had bright red hair, a silver piercing through the left corner of lip. He wore a bright rainbow sweater that was a crime in itself.

I looked up from the library owned computer, "Nice sweater."

He picked at the some of the pilled spots and smirked at me, "My grandmother gave it to me."

"Can you give it back?" I whispered as I reread the sentence I just wrote, deleting the last few words as I tried to think of a better metaphor.

"I've read for a good three hours and you've been typing that whole time. It's well past lunch, wanna grab a bite with me?" He put his book down and smiled at me kindly, and pushed the keyboard away from myself, rubbing my eyes.

"I'm starving," I smiled before holding out my hand, "Name's Jay."

"Anderson." He replied, shaking my hand before standing up—putting his phone in his pocket and closing his book.

I saved my work to my USB before sending it to myself for extra precaution. I slung my bag over my shoulder and followed Anderson out the door.

It wasn't until we were walking to the known store for the best kebabs on the coast, did my phone vibrate.

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall
This biggity boy's a diggity dog—" My cheeks burned as find my phone in my deep purse,"I have 'em like Miley Cyrus, clothes off
Twerking in their bras—" I dropped my phone before barely catching it in mid air, "And thongs, timber. Face down, booty up—"

"Hello?" I said breathlessly, shielding my face from Anderson's awkward facial expression.

"Jay?" Soren's voice held the air of question, as if it hadn't mean to me or hadn't expected I'd pick up.

"What the hell is up with my ring tone?" I hissed, gripping my phone as if I'd grip it harder my anger with be transferred to Soren.