21 Fall off a Cliff

This awesome picture of Calum was drawn by Quotev user ichirusou17 !!

___________________________________________________________________________

It has been a day after the wedding and my Mother and Yumi are preparing to leave tonight. They thought it would be better to sleep in the carriage on the way back to Theruma so they could spend the morning hours with us here. Calum had left early this morning to do more work so I woke up alone as usual. Everytime I am alond in the morning though, I am always instructed to go down to breakfast to meet Calum so I can stay by his side the rest of the day. We are supposed to be leaving Karow today the same time as the others but he seems to be acting sluggish.

He is really busy preparing something but he isn't telling me much about it. I stay by him as he works when I finish up everything I needed to do for the day. Calim abruptly gets up and walks out of the room, telling me to stay put. I wait for him to return and see that Yumi had came back with him.

"Oh, hello Princess!" Yumi smiles at me. I stand to greet her back and wave her in. Calum takes a spot next to me so that we are both facing Yumi.

"We would like to take you around Karow with us. I've been meaning to go on a stroll with my wife before we left." Calum tells Yumi.

Yumi smiles but questions why he wanted her along, "Why bring me if you want alone time with the Princess?"

Calum pulls me into him with his left arm and smiles at her warmly, "You are her dear friend and I would like to show my gratitide for keeping my love safe through the years so that I could meet her."

My cheeks are starting to turn as pink as Yumi's hair. She still seems skeptical but accepts his offer after he insists. We three head down to the carriage already waiting for us outside and pile in. The back of the carriage has all of our luggage in it already, including Yumi's. Does he plan to head to Theruma once we are done? But why is Yumi's things in this carriage if she was going to ride with my Mother? It is a two seated carriage, two separate seats facing opposite directions. I wonder why he picked such a small one when they both sit in the seats and there is no room left for me. I stand awkwardly in the middle and decide to sit on the ground when Calum pats his thighs. This is going to be embarrassing.

I take a step over to Calum and sit down on his lap. He immediately wraps his arms around me and rests his head in the crook of my neck. Yumi looks a bit shy at seeing us together in front of her but she looks out the window instead. The driver takes off and we ride for about thirty minutes or so before Yumi questions where we are going. I am quite curious too.

"We're going to one of the better parts of Karow. I don't want any of you getting hurt now would I?" He sends a stare in my direction and I smirk at him. I was never my intention of getting myself kidnapped by anyone and he knows it.

We travel a little while longer and chat about small topics. Calum at one point started talking about his life with Rezin as a brother and spills the secrets between them. Rezin must have been so fun to have as a brother growing up.