Uncertainty

"Hey, Mob?" 

"Yes?"

"This might sound like a dumb question but.... Does your parents get used to your psychic powers?" 

You nervously sat beside Mob on the bench. He hummed for a moment before answering your question.

"Most of the time, they do. My mom's usually cautious. I sometimes break things in my house by accident because I can't control my powers all too well. My dad told me that it's just a stage in life that kids have to go through, having no control of something. Like puberty." Mob answered.

"What.... Do you do when your parents yell at you... For being the way you are?" You curiously asked.

"........" Mob seemed spaced out, struggling to search for answers. He couldn't think of a way to respond to that.

"It's hard to say..." He rubbed his neck, staring at the ground while he kicked his little feet back and forth.

"They don't really yell at me as long as I'm a good kid. Is that what you mean?" He replied.

"I guess it's kinda like... What do you do if they say you're not good enough?" You told him.

Mob parted his lips before he smiled.

"Then I'll just have to try harder." He casually answered.

"Hm?"

"My mom wants me to focus on my homework so that I can one day score a perfect number on my tests like my younger brother Ritsu. He's very smart." He explained.

Mob seemed to be in a similar situation as you. You decided to ask more about him.

"A-And how did you deal with it?" 

"Well, I decided to look for new opportunities to help me improve myself. Like joining the Body Improvement Club. I need to try new things. I can never be like Ritsu. But I can change to become a better person." Mob nodded.

"Ah, I see..." You sniffed due to the cold weather affecting you. 

"Is there something on your mind? You're still sad." Mob indicated.

"No, I just... My mom is very pushy... She expects me to be this 'perfect child' that I can never be. I try my best but every time, I would just disappoint her. When she yells at me, it makes me feel like crap. Like I'm not worth anything..." You informed him.

"Sometimes, I wonder if she's given up on me long ago..." Your eyes became a bit watery, staring down at your hands.

"I know it sounds like I'm asking for attention but.... I just want help... I don't really know what to do to make her happy.... I miss my dad sometimes... I want to live with him again." You couldn't hold back the tears that were dripping down. You sniffed again, trying to wipe your tears.

"I'm sure that she still has faith in you. It's too early to give up. Way too early." Mob spoke.

"So.... How do I...?" 

"My master always told me that talking is the best way to settle a difficult situation. Time will heal as well."

"But... I'm scared that she will just yell at me again." You sighed as you laced your fingers together with a firm grip. 

"She won't." Mob denied.

"How do you know?" You wondered.

"Because my master told me that when adults say hurtful things to their loved ones, they often think back on it. Whatever your mom told you, I know she didn't mean it when it hurt your feelings. I'm sure she'll realize." Mob gave you a soft pat on the back.

"Okay... I'll try it tonight." You smiled and nodded towards him. 

"I promise you that everything will be okay. You just need to believe in faith." 

"Seems like your master knows quite a lot of things. He's a very good teacher to you." You complimented him. 

"He likes to help everyone." Mob grinned. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's getting cold in here... I can feel the chill running up my spine." 

"Is she... Here?" 

"I'm not sure... I'll ask to see if the spirit is present."

Reigen cleared his throat as he held up a mic while wearing a pair of earphones. 

"Be sure to activate the tape recorder now." Reigen instructed his client.

"O-Okay!" 

Reigen waited for a moment before a cold wind blows in his face.

"Oh great spirit... Are you here?" Reigen holds up the mic higher above his head.

It seemed quiet for a moment.

"I don't hear anything--"

"Hush!" Reigen interrupts.

Reigen suddenly made a gesture and nodded as he held one side of his ear.

"Mr. Watanabe.... She's here!" Reigen alerted his client.

"W-Where is she?" He asked.

"You may go on and ask her your question." Reigen nods as he pretends to act nervous.

"R-Right!... Hana! Is it true that you cheated on me? I-I saw your messages on your phone before you were presumed dead..." 

Silence roamed around the room.

"Uh huh..." Reigen nods.

"Wh-What did she say?" He asked.

"She wants me to ask her instead." Reigen explained.

"Hana. Were you loyal to Mr. Watanabe until death?" Reigen reworded the question before he raised his mic up.

He stood there for a moment before he nods once again.

"Ah... I see... Interesting..." Reigen smiled.

"What did she say, Mr. Arataka?" The client begged.

"She told you to get over it and she just left."