Cry

During lunchtime, you set out to find Mob to apologize as soon as possible. You were afraid that it's not going to be effective to convince Mob that it was all just a lie. He wasn't in any of your classes but still, he was nowhere to be found. You were constantly running with the limited amount of time you had but you received the same result. You asked some people where he would be but by the time you reach his destination, he wasn't even there. Your heart pounded while you continuously made runs, back and forth. You couldn't help but think how mad or sad he would be and you felt like you deserved it. You asked the Telepathy club for Mob but they replied saying that they haven't seen him all day. Same goes for the Body Improvement club. You wanted Mob to know that you were a friend to him and that you would never say that to him with your true feelings. You wanted him to know that he could still have trust in what you told him to believe in. You did it to save him from those delinquents. They were pretty rough with the foreign boy earlier so you had to prevent Mob from getting hurt. You couldn't sit still in class. You couldn't think straight during any activities. You couldn't focus on your studies at all. Mob was your first priority. You eventually became more afraid as time passes. 

As soon as school was over, you rushed your way out and took the normal route home, hoping to see Mob there. The streets were quiet and empty. You couldn't see him anywhere at all. You decided to hit up at the ramen shop but he wasn't there either. 

"H-He must've gone to work..." You panted as you stopped to take a rest. 

You sat down on the bench, lowering your head. You felt frustrated with yourself, wanting to find Mob, if it takes you all day. You decided to stand and watch the sun set and gradually fade to orange, reflecting its bright lights and colors to the wide ocean. You hesitantly approached the sunset by making your way towards the bridge from far away. As you walked, you couldn't keep your eyes off the beautiful scenery that would calm down your nerves. You took a deep breath, realizing that you've been inhaling the cold air for awhile. Your voice seemed a little hoarse after shouting for him countless times. 

When you finally reached he bridge, you spotted a small figure standing by, watching the sun set. The figure was stiff and still, silently enjoying the view just like you.

"..... Shigeo?" You quietly spoke.

Fortunately, the boy turned around to follow your voice. He greets you with a smile as you slowly approached him. His expression was the same as usual, as if nothing had happened between the two of you. 

"Hi." He casually replied.

You had difficulty of searching for words when you finally meet him again in person. Everything that you planned on telling him had disappeared into thin air. Your mind was clear and you felt dumbfounded. 

"Mob... A-About what happened back there..." You gave him an apologetic look.

"Yes?" He responded.

"I'm sorry for the things I said to you." You played with your fingers, ready to take in his anger and sadness. 

You tried to avoid his gaze yet, when you looked back at him, he seemed confused.

"Why are you apologizing?" He asked.

You shifted your feet forward.

"I said mean things that hurt you this morning." You explained.

"Oh, that." He grinned at the thought of remembering how it went. 

Now you were confused. It seemed like he was trying to forget it.

"..... Don't you hate me for it?" You asked.

"No. Not at all." He shook his head.

"... Why?" Your voice cracked.

"Because you didn't mean it." He answered.

Your eyes widened. Did he knew what your intentions were back then? Was he just playing along?

"B-But..."

"The things you said to me. They weren't true." He stated.

"What?"

"The real (Name) would never say that to me. Because she is my most precious friend." Mob responded with confidence.

".... What?" Tears were falling on their own again. Your vision blurred from your watery eyes.

Were you hearing things to rationalize your own fault? Or were they really his own words?

"I don't know what was happening this morning but I know that you didn't mean to say those things to me." He informed you as he walked up to you.

".... Mob... How could you?" You closed your eyes tight.

"I.... How did you figure it out?" You asked.

"Remember what you told me?" Mob questioned you as he opened his arms and slowly wrapped them around you.

"'You're actions speak louder than words.'" He rests his chin against your shoulder, attempting to comfort you, to show you that you shouldn't be ashamed of what you were doing because all is forgiven.

"I tried to find you today..." You sniffed.

"You did?" He pulled away, wiping your tears.

"Y-Yeah." 

"Your cheeks are cold." He cupped the sides of your face with warmth. 

"S-So... We're good?" You awkwardly asked.

"We were always good." He commented.

You laughed at his oblivious character for a little moment as you sniffed. Mob was a fragile being. You thought he was shattered but in the end, you allowed yourself to go first. He may be a bit weak but his understanding was his greatest strength.

"Besides, it was something small. You shouldn't blame yourself."

You felt that he was wrong. You were at fault because of your actions. All of it was a part of your responsibility and you had to claim it. Mob didn't want you to worry anymore.

"B-But..."

You were pulled into his embrace once again. 

"No matter what, I'll always be here for you." He reassured.

"... Thank you." You smiled and returned his hug as the sun continues to set slowly into the horizon.

For some reason, an uneasy feeling had come back. You had almost forgotten what happened last night. Mob was here to comfort you now. You couldn't hold back those tears of sadness. Instead, you let out a loud cry, clutching onto him, feeling stressed because of your mother's words that still haunted you. 

How do you do it, Mob?