Late Autumn

"Mob! Get up or you'll be late for school!" 

Mob's mother calls out for him as he quickly shot up to the sound of her voice. He peeked out of the window to see the falling leaves turn red, yellow, and orange. 

"Autumn's finally here." Mob yawned.

It's nearly the end of September. Mob felt something weighing him down. For some reason, it was heavier than yesterday's. He felt like he's been running for a good five minutes. Mob took a deep breath as he felt the humidity spread in his room. 

"Why is it getting harder to breathe?" He wondered as he buttoned up his uniform however he left the first one from the top undone to help him get some cool air. After he fixed his jet black hair, he stepped out of his room to the front door and slipped on his comfortable shoes. 

"Mob! Don't forget to bring your scarf! It's a little chilly out!" His mother shouted from the other end of the house.

Mob flinched as he sweat under his clothes. He knew that wearing a scarf would only make things worse. He didn't know what was happening to him. Maybe he's experiencing symptoms of overusing his telekinetic powers. 

"I-I'll be leaving now." He calmly announced as he took another deep breath and shut the door from behind, refusing to take the scarf.

As he arrived at school, Mob has been hearing some people talk about a new student coming from Mayo Middle School. Nonetheless, he decided to ignore their conversations and carry on for his own sake since he's been conflicted with something as well. During school time, Mob finds himself conflicted with school more than usual. He didn't talk as much, he didn't eat, he hasn't payed much attention to the teacher, causing him to become a bigger laughing stock than before. 

"There's gotta be an evil spirit here." Mob searched and searched during his free time, unable to sense anything paranoiac or supernatural. The school seems to be in one piece. And no one seems to be possessed as well.  He didn't know what was troubling him. 

"Maybe teacher was right. I'm relying on my powers to much. I must refrain from using them starting today." He figured as the school bell rang. 

After school, Mob restrained himself and walked home. He stared down at his free hand to feel nothing different.

"Could this be an expression?" Mob asked as he continued to blindly walk in a straight line.

"Maybe I can help?" 

Mob accidentally trips on a pebble, falling to his knees from losing track of his sight. He quickly picked himself up and patted the dirt from his uniform. 

"Oh, I shouldn't be doing that. It's dangerous." Mob commented as he felt a slight pain from the knee. 

"Oya, clumsy boy."

"Eh."

From the front, Mob is confronted by a pale blue spirit who seems to be slightly taller than him.

"You might just be worthy of my possession." The spirit smiled.

"Me?" Mob points.

"Yes, you." 

"Oh, I'm not supposed to allow you to do that. You see, I'm a little bit in trouble myself." Mob explained.

"Hm? What do you mean?" 

"Well, I have trouble breathing. Could it be a sign of a human expression? Or did I swallow something heavy?" Mob asked.

"Oya, if you let me possess your body, I will make all your worries disappear! Then we shall conquer this world and take over the planet! No one should suspect a young child like yourself!" The spirit informed him.

"Sorry, but I still can't let you do that." Mob raised his hand towards the spirit.

"What are you doing there?"

"I sensed a negative energy coming from you." Mob smiled in confidence.

"Don't tell me you're...!"

"Yes. I'm an esper." Mob spoke with a straight face. 

"W-Wait! Don't you want to know how it feels like to be a king??" The spirit nervously asked.

"I just want to walk home with a girl I like. That's all." Mob casually responded.

"Fine! If you want it that way, you'll have to go through me!-----" 

Before the spirit could finish its sentence, Mob destroyed its existence from the world without a second thought. His surrounding finally becomes quiet.

"I'm a terrible person.." Mob sighed as he blankly stares at his hand. 

"Whoa!! That was amazing!" 

Mob was able to follow the sound of the voice as he listened to it. He hears someone clap in excitement as they step out of the shadow.

"I saw the whole thing! It was so cool!" She kindly complimented.

Mob was speechless after he saw her face. He didn't know how to respond. It's not the beauty that captured his eyes. It was the familiarity of something he could barely remember years ago. But who is this girl? And why does she have the same uniform as the girls from his school?

".... Do I know you?" Mob asked.

"I recently just came to Salt Middle School from Mayo. Pleased to meet you!" She bowed.

"You may call me (Name)!"