Time

After school, you walked straight on home as students parted ways to do the same thing. You went through the camera you checked out from the library, skimming each picture one by one as you smiled.

"These will look good on the yearbook!" You commented as you casually strolled down the street. 

"Oh, (Name)!" 

You turned to see Mob attempting to catch up to you. You stopped to wait for the young boy to reach you as he hurried.

"Are you going home too?" You asked.

"Yep. I don't have work today so I'll be able to catch up on some homework." Mob explained.

"What? You have a job?" You asked as you shoved the camera inside your bag. 

"Mm." He nodded with a hum.

"Well, what do you do?" You wondered.

"I do exorcisms." He simply noted.

You immediately got hooked onto the topic, searching for more answers from Mob.

"You can sense evil spirits? That's cool!" You complimented.

"Mm."

"Who's your boss? Is he some famous Psychic?" 

"Yes. Teacher is amazing. He's training me to control my powers. That way, I'll become a great esper just like him." 

Mob seemed full of inspiration and determination when he spoke about his "teacher". He made him sound like an idol, someone he can look up to, someone he trusts, someone he will cherish. You were unsure if that was just Mob's personality or if he really meant it from the bottom of his heart. Mob was usually a boy who had a ton of good judgement in an average person he sees everyday. Today, Mob saw you as a valuable friend that he would never want to lose even though the acquaintance phase was short-lived. Maybe he really is that kind of person.

RING RING!

Mob quickly answered his flip phone, answering the call. 

"Yes?" 

"Ah, Mob? Are you busy? We got a high level spirit here. It's urgent." Reigen spoke.

"Oh....Uhh..." Mob's voice dies as he frowned.

"What is it?" 

"It's nothing. I'll be over there." Mob replied as he closed his cell.

"Who was that? Your mom?" You tilted your head to see Mob's sudden growth of anxiety.

"That was teacher. I have to go now. I'll talk to you later." Mob quickly bowed before he runs off in a different direction with his bag. He seemed disappointed, as if he wanted to talk with you a little longer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good job Mob! Another day, another dollar!" Reigen cheered as he counted his money, sitting on his office chair, resting his two feet on his desk as Mob sat across from him, unimpressed with Reigen.

"Teacher... That spirit back there. He was a low level spirit." Mob indicated.

"Hm? Oh yeah I know that." Reigen lied as he stacked the money on top of the desk.

"Um... Couldn't you have taken care of it by yourself?" Mob nervously asked.

"Mob, I told you that it was urgent. I ran out of salt." Reigen answered.

"Couldn't you spare a small amount of your powers to perform exorcisms on low-level spirits?" 

"Ah, you know what? I feel strained on my back and shoulders. I dealt with a high-level spirit just the other day." Reigen grunted as he sat up straight on his chair and rubbed his shoulders.

"I see...." Mob decided to let this slide just like all the other times when he was busy with something. Reigen always finds the wrong time to call Mob to his side on school nights. 

"What's wrong?" Reigen questioned him.

"Nothing. I'm fine." Mob answered.

So much for school work...

The next day, you hung out with the Telepathy club to finish up some homework. You couldn't find any interest in doing what the other club members. School was your main priority. You were raised to drill that into your mind. 

"So, (Name)." Tome spoke.

"Yes?" You looked up from your paper as you watched the members continue on doing their favorite hobbies.

"This may be a crazy question. Since you are a part of the Telepathy club, are you an esper?" She asked.

"Oh, no. I can't do telekinesis or anything like that. I mean, I wish." You shrugged as you smiled at the President.

"Well said. I've always wanted to do that kind of stuff." She commented as she crossed her arms.

"Mob can do that stuff." You pointed out with a smile.

"Hah? Mob? No, I don't believe it." Tome scoffed and grinned in disbelief as she shook her head.

"No, seriously. He does exorcisms. I've seen it once." You noted.

"No way." Tome responded.

"It's true." You tried to convince her.

Your small conversation with Tome pauses as you hear the door slide open, revealing to be Mob.

"Hi, sorry I'm a little late." Mob anxiously announced as he awkwardly shuts the door.

"I can show you, Tome!" You happily got out of your seat, standing beside Mob, holding his limp wrist in the air.

"Show 'em, Mob! Show 'em that you can do telekinesis!" You told him.

"E-Eh?" Mob's face turned red as he became the sudden attention of the room once again. 

"Yeah Kageyama. Show us your 'powers'!" Tome shouted from across the small room, having confidence that this is all just a hoax.

"He's amazing! He'll definitely show you!" You remarked.

"Sorry. I can't today." He interrupted, raising a hand up to his chest, making a gesture that he won't be showing his abilities.

"Huh?" You raised a brow.

"My teacher says to only use them when necessary. If I use them for show, he says I might experience some unpleasant symptoms like back pain--"

"It's alright if you don't want to do it. I respect your choice. You don't have to do it." You kept your smile as you made your back to the table and continue on with your homework.

Mob felt the need to prove your argument so he decided to spare a little time by using his powers to lift the table, causing the members to watch in awry. Tome had the same response just as any other.

"You really are an esper!" Tome pointed towards Mob as he gently sets the table down. 

"Yes." Mob smiled.

"This is a whole new concept!" Tome exclaimed as she began to do her speech of her passionate goal of becoming an esper towards the group and Mob. Sadly, it lasted for two hours.