Unfortunate Season

"Well! Today is another good day!" Reigen exclaimed as he counted his money. 

"Achoo." Mob softly sneezed as he sniffed and rubbed his small nose.

"You should really head on home, Mob. You don't sound too good."  The young man suggested as he stores the money in his safe.

"Okay. So long, teacher." Mob nodded as he grabbed his bag and turned around to leave Reigen's office.

"I'll see you later, Mob!" Reigen casually waved as Mob shut the door from behind. 

The little boy walked home alone that same day, following the same routine as any other. As he reached home, he went straight to his room and dropped his bag on the wooden floor. He allows his body to fall flat on his pillow. Mob began to breathe heavily as he closes his eyes. His condition got worse. He felt empty and light as a feather as he lay. Mob ran his fingers over his head to check his temperature. He starts to sweat as he stripped off his clothes to wear a plain-T. Mob shuts his eyes as he felt his heart beating fast.

"Nii-san have you seen my--" Fortunately, his younger brother witnessed Mob's brief suffering after he opened the door.

"Nii-san!!" Ritsu rushed to his brother's side and picked him up to feel his forehead.

"I'm sorry, Ritsu. I'm okay..." Mob huffed as he felt guilt weigh on him for having Ritsu worrying about him.

Ritsu held his hand as Mob slowly falls into unconsciousness. He could no longer keep his eyes opened.

"Okaa-san! Shige caught a fever!" Mob can hear his brother calling for help before he blacked out. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, are you okay?" 

Mob blinked a couple times before he opens his eyes again. For some reason, it was hot and sunny outside.

"I'm so sorry for bumping into you." 

Mob felt a light tug from the arm as the unknown little girl pulls him up to his feet.

"Thank you." Mob quickly bowed. He suddenly felt strange as he looked at his legs. For some odd reason, his legs were short. Mob stared at his hands to reveal that they've also shrunk. 

"W-What's going on?" Mob asked as he pulled the cotton shirt to scrutinize his attire.

"What is it?" 

"I'm.... I'm small!" Mob frowned as he felt his red face. 

"Oh don't worry! We're both the same! Soon, you'll grow up just like mommy and daddy!" The little girl replied.

Mob took one look at the little girl as he soon realized who it resembled.

"Are you... (Name)?" Mob asked.

"Oh wow! How did you know my name! Do you do magic tricks or something?" She replied.

"N-No..." He calmly responded.

"What's your name? You seem cool!" She asked.

"Shigeo." 

"That's a nice name, Shigeo! I like it! Nice to meet you, Shigeo!" She answered as she offered her hand for Mob to shake.

"Hn." Mob smiled as he accepted her kind gesture.

"Hey! Do you wanna see something cool?" She excitedly questioned the confused boy.

"Sure." He asserted.

(Name) stood still as she closes her eyes. She then whips her finger towards Mob's chest, which caused him to back away.

"Teleportation magic go!" She cheered.

"Shigeo!"

Mob flinched as his eyes were shot opened. He gasped as he felt something cold and wet on his forehead. Mob felt his head spin as he lifted his upper body. He barely had the strength to sit up straight. 

"Ah! Nii-san! You're up!"

Mob could hear Ritsu's voice beside him. 

"How long have I passed out?" Mob asked.

"A couple hours. It's already nighttime. You had me worried!" Ritsu explained as he clung onto Mob.

"I feel sick." Mob commented before he fell back on his pillow.

"You shouldn't leave the house without your scarf!" Ritsu kindly warned him.

"Sorry." Mob closed his eyes before Ritsu removed the cloth from his forehead.

"Take the day off tomorrow. You need more rest." Ristu suggested as he grabbed the bowl of water and exited the room to tell his mother about Mob's current condition.

Mob stared blankly at the cieling as he raises his left arm high above. 

"What happened between us?" Mob thought as his arm collapsed from hunger and weakness. 

He can clearly remember his dream however, he felt uncomfortable about it.

"Maybe.... Maybe I should join the Telepathy club after all." Mob spoke as he constantly thought about you.