15~Finally.....the Truth

The crew walked back to the tavern. No one said a word. They all looked at the earth and lifelessly strolled to the bar. 

Once they all arrived, Arthur slammed the door shut. Everyone turned to him. "Meliodas...you better explain this right now!" He said with anger.

"It's nothing to worry about. We don't need her. Just start preparing for-"

"No!" Arthur cut him off. Everyone was shocked.

"What did you say?"

"I said no! What happened? What did Savanna do? It's not right to keep this from us! We all know she's a demon...but what is she truly, and why do you hate her so much? What was all the talk about her being the demon princess and how could she have started the holy war!?"

"Shut up!" Meliodas yelled out. Everyone was still. He took a deep breath and sat on the bar. "Fine here's the whole story..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Savanna and Meliodas sat on a roof gazing over the town.

"My father was being an asshole again," Savanna said as the evening wind flew through her brown locks.

"Woah! That's no way to talk about the king of the demon realm, princess."

"I told you, I hate that name!" Savanna shouted causing Meliodas to laugh.

"So what did he say?" The boy asked.

"Just another speech about how 'the daughter of the king of demons must be fearsome' and 'only humans have those silly emotions'."

"Sounds typical."

"I love this world, it's so nice and peaceful."

"Hey Savanna, you know he's planning on destroying this world right?"

"I wish he weren't, this place is so nice. So full of life." Savanna said as she looked into the now pink sky.

"Don't let your father hear you say that."

"Ugh shut up! He's so unfair! Sometimes.....I wish....I could stay in this world."

"But that's never gonna happen princess."

"I TOLD YOU TO STOP CALLING ME THAT!!!"

"Sorry couldn't help myself. Hey maybe we can convince the king to leave this place alone!!"

"I doubt it. He'll never listen."

"But we both would have more of an advantage towards him. You know what they say, it never hurts to try!" Meliodas said with a smile.

"That's what these humans always say, but that's because their not in our position, where defiance can cause great damage."

"Yeah I guess your right, but if it comes down to it....I'll fight to protect this world, and I suggest you join me!"

"....Yeah I will!!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Meliodas continued to explain.

"We loved being in the human realm. Where we weren't forced to do anything. The two of us would stay there for hours just enjoying being there. Then one day, I started seeing Savanna less and less, Until I saw her and the commandments, they were running around the village destroying buildings and attacking others."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Meliodas and Savanna stood in the street locking eyes with each other. Meliodas and a gaze of fury, while Savanna's eyes were dripping with tears.

"What do you think you're doing Savanna!?" He yelled as the demon ran around destroying the Earth.

"Meliodas help me!!! I don't know what to do!!!! I didn't want it to go this far!!!" Savanna pleaded as the holy knights went head on into battle.

"Why would you do this......I thought you were different."

"You don't know what it's like!!!! You could never understand!!!"

"You're right I don't, but I do know that whatever possessed you to do this...is completely your fault!"

"Meliodas...please.....I-I can't fix this on my own."

"There's no fixing it. It's your fault. This is your sin."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And that was the last I ever saw of her." Meliodas said as he finished his story.

Everyone was speechless. No one knew what to say. Some were crying and others were just still.

Meliodas stood up. "It's pointless now. She's gone and we don't need to worry about her. Now I suggest that you all get your head in gear, 'cause the toughest battle is right around the corner." Meliodas said as he went up to his room, leaving his comrades in shock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savanna's P.O.V

I sat there crying. I ruined it...all of it. It's all my fault.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savanna stood in front of her father, awaiting his punishment.

"Why would you ever help a human! You're the demon princess...you are the successor to the throne! So why try to protect the humans? It's our destiny to destroy them! Don't you want to rule this world and others too?!" The demon king's booming voice made his daughter shiver.

"I-I'm sorry father, but why can't we all just live peacefully? Why do we need their world too?"

"Are you questioning me!?"

"N-no I'm...I'm sorry I-"

"Shut up!" The king yelled. "Listen if you are not going to destroy them then at least take the commandments to Earth with you and cause a little trouble."

"What?"

"Oh Savanna...don't make me spell it out. This is painful enough to say. I'm saying you don't need to cause a rampage, just take the commandments and cause a little trouble. Rob a store, change the weather...it's like pranking. No one will be hurt."

"But father...that's still wrong.."

"Are you kidding me!? You're the Princess of this world and you can rule others too! I'm asking very little of you! As the princess and my daughter, I command you to do as I say!"

Savanna stood there weeping. "And what if I don't?"

"Then I will have to find a new successor, and I'll take away all the things you care about."

"What?"

"Demons who are weak....have no reason to live, and what's held close to their hearts will die with them"

That's when Savanna realized that if she didn't do this, her along with the human realm.....and Meliodas would all die.