11~How could you ever love me

Arthur and Savanna walked hand in hand through a evergreen field full of towering trees and lush bushes.

"Where exactly are we going, Arthur?" Savanna asked.

"You'll see."

Savanna looked around nervously, not sure wether or not to trust what the violet eyed boy said. After a while of walking, Arthur stopped walking. Savanna was about to question his reasons until her eyes grabbed hold of a sparkling, turquoise pond surrounded by a spectrum of flowers. The trees of the forest created a ring of beauty in the middle.

"T-this is...unbelievable!" Savanna exclaimed, her eyes twinkling with amazement. A large smile grew on her face as she took in the alluring sights.

Arthur walked her to the banks of the pond, where they sat down in the middle of the shinning charm. All the while Meliodas sat in a near by tree watching the actions of the couple.

Why would she go out with him....No. Why would he even ask her to go out with him, more importantly...why do I even care?

Meliodas' thoughts spun through his brain, but his focus stayed on the two below.

"You know Savanna, ever since we found you, and you joined us, I couldn't keep my eyes off of you. The way you smile, the way you fight, the way you push through any situation without giving up, I find it very admirable and quite...uhh..attractive," Arthur spoke softly while a hint of pink rose to his cheeks.

"R-really?"

"Well, yeah. Not to mention you're absolutely stunning," Savanna blushed at his comment.

"No one's e-ever said that to me before."

Meliodas heard what she said and couldn't help but feel the wrath rise within him.

What does she mean she's never heard that before!?

Meliodas thought as a flashback of memories consumed him.

Meliodas, promise me we'll always be together.

Of course! No matter what happens I'll stick by you...because...I love you!

Thanks-wait what? Y-you love me?

Well yeah, of course! You're kind, you're strong, and you believe in this world....just like I do.

R-really?

Yeah, not to mention you're absolutely stunning!

Meliodas came back to reality when he saw Arthur gradually getting closer to Savanna.

Arthur inched closer as he took Savanna's hand in his. Savanna looked up in surprise, allowing her hand to be held in his grasp. Her emerald eyes locked with his glowing purple orbs. So much emotion was held within that one look. Savanna opened her mouth to say something but before she could, Arthur stepped in, "Listen, Savanna, I.....I really like you. I-I've never met anyone like you. I can't get enough of you...you're amazing!"

Savanna was silent. Her whole body froze with shock, yet she allowed him to continue.

"I could list all the reason why you're amazing, but then it'd be endless. I know we haven't know each other for a while, a-and I know we don't know much about each other, but I know enough to say that I want to be by your side every second of every day. Enough to say I want to see your smiling face every moment I get. Enough to say....I love you, Savanna," Arthurs words left Savanna aghast. She had no idea what to say.

"A-Arthur...I....I don't know what to say."

"Then don't say anything," that was the last thing Arthur said before he gently placed his hand on Savanna's cheek while holding her hand in the other. The two came closer to one another. Their eyes slowly closing and their hearts racing. Their lips gently grazed each other before Savanna quickly pulled away.

"I-I'm sorry Arthur, but I can't," Savanna spoke with regret. "It's just that...I'm not the girl you think I am. I'm not the kind of girl you could ever truly love."

"Savanna, I don't care about any-"

"But you don't know Arthur," Tears started to form at the edge of her eyes. "You don't know the things that haunt my past. You don't know who I am, and I don't want you to know, but if this happens. If....us happens....I don't want to have to lie to you. I-I don't want to end up hurting you," By now Savanna's tears started falling and face was flustered. She kept her head down, allowing her brunette hair to drape over her eyes as she quietly wept. But all of a sudden, she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder. She looked up to see Arthur gazing at her with a warm smile.

"I understand Savanna, I don't want to have to force you to do or say anything you don't want to. But I will say this, I'm not giving up. One way or another, if I have to do something or if I have to wait for you to realize that I'll love you no matter what, then I'll do it. I promise you....I will never leave you," Arthurs words brought a smile to Savanna's face. He gently kissed her cheek and wiped away her tears with his thumb. The two stood up still holding hands. "Let's get back, shall we?"

"Yeah I think that would be a wonderful idea," The voice of a certain captain came from behind them. Arthur and Savanna stood there, scared and frightened. "There's no room for romance in a crisis like this. Keep your head straight. So I suggest you get back to the tavern before sunrise or we'll have some serious issues," Meliodas said grimly as he turned around and walked away from the scene.

Savanna and Arthur looked at each other with relief. They broke out into laughter as they walked back to the tavern together.