Chapter 2

Maya's POV

I had managed to get all the way to Texas in my six months missing. These six months had been the best time of my life, I had time to myself where I could get lost in my thoughts. All I'd been carrying was my purse and phone that had ran out of charge before I'd left the city, but I didn't mind traveling light, it meant that I could see the word as it really is was, without all the screens.

I chose Texas as I knew Lucas would eventually travel here to visit his family and I liked the place when we all visited together last year, I missed Lucas so here was the closest I could be with him without being with him.

After a lot of thinking I realised that Lucas never really did anything wrong, I mean he would never skip school for more than a day, I don't know why I ever expected him to. I guess I was just disappointed he never came after me or went looking for me.

But enough about Lucas, I was here and I could be here for a while, to make myself comfortable I found an abandoned shed in the middle of a field. There wasn't much to it but I suppose it was my home, even though there was nothing inside except for a wooden table that I used as a bed, it was reasonably cosy. There was a small window, a door, a roof over my head, I could be in a worse position.