Forty One- Reunion

Start from the beginning

"Mama," I was able to get out.

She gave me a warming smile as she came to me. I continued to run for her and I lifted her up into my arms. I couldn't contain my cries now.

"Mama," I cried.

"Shh, it's alright my dear."

"You're okay. I was so worried," I mumbled into her shoulder.

"I'm okay baby. It's okay."

"I missed you so much."

She squeezed me tighter. "I missed you too." She pulled away and looked at me with teary eyes. "Look at you," she smiled. "Such a handsome young king you are."

Her approval was all I needed in life. If she was happy, I was happy no matter what.

I couldn't help but smile back at her. My smile quickly faded though. I took her hands from my face and gripped them gently. "I'm so sorry. I should've listened. I've caused you so much stress and trouble and there's nothing I could do to ever pay you back for all that you've done for m-"

"Nonsense," she stopped me.

I looked at her surprised.

"It was only a matter of time, Jungkook. I couldn't keep you from the world forever. I should've told you sooner. The fault here is mine. And I apologize for keeping things from you that you deserved to know. I'm sorry for throwing you into this mess, leaving you confused and helpless to figure all of this out on your own," she looked at me tenderly.

I shook my head. "No."

"No?" she questioned.

"I haven't been alone," I smiled. "I have these wonderful people who have helped me and taken care of me these past few months. Together, we figured everything out. They've been so kind and loving to me."

She smiled gratefully. "Then, I will have to show them my gratitude."

"One of them is Taehyung, Mama."

She looked at me for a long time before she gazed down to the ground. "Arian has informed me that you are aware of your relation to him now."

I nodded.

"I'm sorry for keeping it from you, Jungkook. I thought I was doing the right thi-"

"Don't apologize. It's okay. It's not your fault."

She gave me a gentle smile. "You're always so forgiving," she squeezed my hands feebly.

"I will always forgive you," I hugged her.

"Come on inside. Sit for a while. I was just beginning to make lunch."

I followed her inside to where the scent of fresh baked cookies filled my nose. I looked to my mother and smiled. "You knew I was coming?"

She smiled and shrugged innocently. "Mother's instinct."

I laughed as I sat down at her table and began to finish chopping her vegetables finely for her. She looked to be in the middle of making her favorite stew. Not only was it hers, though. It was mine as well. It had such a savory flavor. Its scent alone lured me to it almost immediately.

"Would you happen to have enough for the men outside? They've been dealing with me all morning. I'm sure they'd love a nice warm bowl of soup."

"Of course. There's more than enough for everyone. Tell them to come inside and get out of the sun."

I nodded and stood up. I walked to the door and beckoned the guards inside. Afterwards, my mother and I sat at the table with one another as we finished prepping the food.