¥25

Brody's POV
It was a Friday. Troye left yesterday to LA. I was hoping there would be some tears, a little bit of 'I don't want to go, I wanna stay with you' and maybe more hugging and kissing.

But real life isn't like the movies.

I was at my locker, grabbing my iPad. It was after second hour and I was on my way to Morrison's classroom.

Before I even got to close my locker, it slammed by itself.

Or so I thought.

"Hey, Brody."

It was Grant.

"Why would you do that?" I clutched my chest. "Did I scare you?" He asks, laughing. "Duh. Don't ever do that again."

"Aw, don't be like that. It was a joke." He says with a stupid, cheeky smiles. "You're mean." I shoved him.

"Well I figured we could walk to Morrison's class together?" He asks. "Yeah sure." I said and we started walking.

"So, uh, I found this place we could go to." He pulls out his food and handed it to me. "Red Wok? That's a Chinese restaurant. What happened to coffee?" I said.

"Coffee's boring. And I'm not going to lie, I get really hungry after school. And Asian food is the best, we all know it." He said.

I laugh. "It is my favorite kind of food." I told him. "See? So meet me after school in front of the doors." He said. "Okay." We walked into the classroom.

*later*

brod🖕🏾: Remember, I'm not coming home after school for a while

Dustin💩: tell that to benny, he's looking for you

brod🖕🏾: Do me a favor and tell him I'm not gonna be there

Dustin💩: fine. curfew is at 11 do not be home later than that!!!!

brod🖕🏾: shut up

"Hey Brody." I looked up to Grant coming over to me.

I got off the wall. "Hi Grant," I notice the canvas in his hand. "Whatcha got there?"

"This is for you." He turns it around.

It was a drawing of me. Well one of my pictures from Instagram. Well it was exactly like Instagram; the likes, the comments, the usernames.

"Holy fuck, that's so cool! Can I have that?"

"Well I said it's for you. Of course you can." I smiled as he handed it to me.

"This is pretty cool." I said. "Thank you." He does a little bow. I laugh. "Ready to go?" He asks. "Yeah." We got to his car and sped off to the restaurant.

***

As soon as we got there, I was the first to the door. Grant laughs at me. We were seated closed to the back. Asian food makes me very happy.

"So, tell me about yourself." He said. "What do you wanna know?" I ask, covering my mouth.

"Anything. Like, what made you wanna dance?" He asks. I put my fork down. "Well, my abuelo told me I always danced as a kid. I'd dance to anything; slow songs, classic music, even, for some reason, heavy metal." He laughs. "I could dance to anything. I even learned to do different styles, tap dancing, jazz, stuff like that."

"Wow." He covered his laughs. "What about you? What made you want to act?" I ask him.

He shrugs, "I just really want to walk the red carpet one day. Maybe be in a few movies, tv shows. You know?"

I nodded. "I could really see that going for you." I told him. He smiled at me. "Judging by your style, I could tell you like rock music."

He pointed at my the 1975 white sweatshirt I was wearing.

"Yeah. One of my favorite bands."

"I heard they were good." He nodded. "Yeah they are. Panic!, twenty one pilots, the neighbourhood. Ever heard of Frank Sinatra?"

"That's a band?" He looks up at me.

"No. He's a singer. My abuelo used to listen to him all the time and I kinda started liking him too. You know that's how he met my abuela." I said. "That's adorable." He said.

"Enough about me. What made you want to start drawing?" I asked him. "I think it's pretty cool. You know I wanted to draw illusions before? But, that I couldn't do." I laughed. "So I just stuck with the basics; nature, people, places." He said.

"If I snapped you some pictures of nature would you draw them for me?"

"Sure." He said and both of us laugh.

"So, this boyfriend of yours."

"What about him?" I ask. "I wanna know how you guys met."

"At a diner I used to work at. His name is-"

"Troye Sivan. I know."

"Oh. I just... I don't think him dating me is doing me any good." I said.

"Why do you say that?" He asks.

"Well, now, I barely get to see him anymore. He has music and fans. Albums, movies, tour. He's a celebrity dating this...college guy who's still chasing his dreams."

"So. That doesn't matter." He shrugs.

"What celebrity do you see dating somebody who's not famous?" I asked.

He nods. "Well, that is a good point."

"I'm sorry. We should not be talking about me and my confusing love life-"

"Do you love him?" He asks.

"Well, yeah I do. But like I said before, we're from two different worlds. I'm just an average guy who's probably just going to live an average life." I shrugged. Grant looks up at me. "And quite frankly, I'm okay with that." I said.

He grins. "You're really adorable." He said. I felt my cheeks get warms. "Thanks." I said. He chuckles.

*later*

Grant and I left the restaurant after about an hour and a half of being there. So we just drove around, still talking. He dropped me off at my apartment building.

"So, um, I'll see you at school?" Grant nods. "Yeah. I'll text you." He said. I nodded. "Okay. See ya." I waved. He leaned against his car, waiting for me to go inside.

When I grab the doorknob, I turned around to him. He smiles and waved at me.

I wave back.

I walked inside and into the apartment.

I took my shower and left to my room, thinking about what all happened today.