¥18

Brody's POV

"So what are you getting for Troye?" Dustin asks me, his eyes on the road.

"I found this vintage shop and they sell vinyl players. He's always wanted one so I'm gonna get it for him." I said.

"That's cute." He says. "Anything you gonna get for your papa?" He added.

"He said he didn't want anything but I'll find him something." I say.

When we get to the shop, we were greeted by the employees. I went to the back to find some vinyl players.

I grabbed one all wrapped up in its box.

I grabbed some cds of his favorites, Melanie Martinez, Halsey, Sia, Alessia Cara, Dua Lipa. I even got some of mine, Panic! At The Disco, literally all albums, the Neighborhood, the 1975, twenty one pilots, Imagine Dragon. Maybe he'd like them too.

"Going back in time?" The lady behind the counter asks, ringing up all the CDs. She looked to be in her 20s.

"They're for my boyfriend. He loves vintage stuff. But not like I do." I say with a chuckle.

"You have a boyfriend?" She asks. "Yeah." I nod.

"Man, why are the hot ones always gay?" She shook her head.

I laugh. "Kidding. I've seen you before. My girlfriend trips over your relationship with him." She says.

"You have a girlfriend?" I ask. "Yeah." She pulls out her wallet. She shows me a picture of her and a girl kissing in front of a fountain. "That's adorable." I say.

She puts everything in a plastic bag. "Well, take care. Have a merry Christmas." She says. "You too." I called out to Dustin and we left the shop.

"You never told me what you wanted for Christmas." I said.

"Nah, I don't want anything." He shook his head. "I don't buy that. I've gotten you candy four times in a row. I'm buying you an actual gift." I said.

"I don't want anything, though." He says. "Forget it. I'm getting you something." I said.

"Can it be candy again?" He glances over at me. "Yeah but I'm getting you something else too." I said.

"As long as there's food, I'm okay with that." He says.

I chuckle, shaking my head. "What about papa? Have you thought about what you're getting him?" He asks.

"Abuela always wanted a kitten. We could get them that." I said.

"Now why the hell would you do that? You know papa is afraid of anything with four legs that barks or meows. That's why he doesn't come over that much." He said.

He wasn't wrong. "Well, my abuela always wanted one! It would be nice, right? She needs something to keep her company while papa is at work." I said.

"Whatever you say." He shrugs. It stayed quiet.

"Are you getting anything for your mom and dad?" He asked.

I shrugged, keeping my eyes on the road too. "Last year you did." He says.

"Well, papa said it wasn't a good idea anymore. They never wanted to see me again but they're still my parents." I said.

"Maybe...order your mom some flowers just say a simple 'Merry Christmas' and a post card or a picture of you to your dad that say the same thing." He says.

"I dunno," my eyes shift out of the window. "Maybe." I say.

"What do you want for your birthday?" He asked, simply changing the subject.

"Nothing. I'll just take whatever I get on Christmas." I say.

"But it's Brody Jennings' birthday! You have to get just one thing on your birthday. Everyone does!" He says.

"So. My birthday is after Christmas, I'll still be getting presents from relatives. So it's okay." I said.

"Well, don't be mad when I get you something." He says.

I roll my eyes playfully.

"So, there's something I wanna tell you. It's the reason why we're going to where we're going now." Dustin says. "Spill." I say.

"So, last weekend when I was out....I...met this girl." He says. I gasp. "Dustin McFloury. You met somebody?!" I practically yelled.

"Yeah. I did." He says. "What's her name?" I ask.

He hands me his phone. "Her name is Sloane. She's a brunette. She's short. Almost about Troye's height but she's shorter. Um, she loves video games. And I think you guys would be great friends." He says. "Why do you say that?" I ask.

"Sloane, she's not a people person. She's likes staying inside and her mind revolves around video games. She loves YouTubers who are gamers, she loves MatPat who's a game theorist. She loves alternative and indie music. Her favorite game is GTA which is my favorite game." He says.

"How'd you meet her?" I locked his phone.

"I was out with my friends at this bar. And she was there with her friends and she hated it. So we ditched. But, she was too good to just hump her and dump her. We actually got to know each other. I'm not really the romantic type but now when I met her... it's like she's perfect. She's everything I wanted." He says.

"Aww. Dustin, I'm proud." I say. "And the best part is my soon to be girlfriend will be best friends with my best friend. Do you know how cool would that be? We could go on double dates and stuff. It sucks that she'll be the only girl and all but how cool would that be." He says.

"Sounds like a real adventure." I said.

"And we've been texting a lot and we hung out Wednesday and I really like her. So I wanna ask her out." He says. "Okay. What do you wanna do?" I ask.

"That's why you're here." He says. "Is it because I'm gay?" I ask.

"Uh-"

"Okay first of all, stereotypes. Second of all, if I'd love to help."

(Connor Franta is everything)

So we spent the rest of the day looking in Zales, finding video game and comic stores.