¥10

Troye's POV

Days after were a disaster.

Every day Brody seemed to loose a little bit of his confidence.

It's been 7 days which makes it's worse. It was day 10 and he heard nothing back. I was at his house because he wanted me to be there when they called him back.

But he heard nothing back.

In the morning, all he did was pace back and forth and check his phone every 4 seconds.

In the afternoon, when we ate he kept checking his phone.

Finally he gave up and fell on the couch.

"That's it." He threw his phone on the coffee table and put his face in his hands.

"I'm not getting the part. I didn't get one text or nothin." He says.

"Brody, that doesn't mean anything. Maybe... they're still going through the best-"

"And I'm not one of them. It's been a full 7 days plus 3 extra and nothing back!" He ran his fingers through his hair.

"It could take longer. Take it from the boy who got told to wait two weeks for a part and it was a month later before they called me." I told him.

He slouched on the couch. "But this is the first audition I've ever tried out for. And it's for Heather Morris. I wish it wasn't for anybody as famous. I would've been okay." He says.

"Brody." I sat down on the couch with him. "You are the best dancer I know. And she'd be crazy if she didn't at least choose you to be one. Even if you don't get this part in this audition, you do not give up. Some people say these thugs happen for a reason. There are better opportunities for you. And I just know she's gonna call you back. Maybe not now but whenever she gets a chance. You have to be patient is all. Don't doubt yourself, Brody. You're going to be her backup, I just know it." I told him.

He sighs. "Thank you Troye." He says. I rubbed his back.

"You're not giving up even if they don't call you back. I'm gonna make sure of that." He chuckles a little. I lean in and kiss his cheek. "Just be patient." I told him.

Then his phone started to vibrate on the table. Both of us look across the table. "That might just be them." I say with a smile.

"N-No I can't." He shook his head.

"You've been waiting all this time and now you don't wanna answer the phone? You have to answer it." I said.

He gets up and grabs his phone. He looks at the number.

"Oh my god it's her." He says.

"A-Answer it!" I stood up with him. He puts his phone to his face.

"Hello?...Yes this is he. Uh huh. Yeah...okay...Great. U-Um, thank you for your time." He says and hung up the phone. He looks down.

"Well?" I say, crossing all my fingers.

"It was Heather." He says.

"And?!" I yell impatiently.

"She wants to start practicing next Wednesday." He says and started screaming.

"Ah! Brody! That's amazing!" I jumped over the table and into his arms.

He lifts me up and I wrap my legs around his body.

He gives me a kiss, leaning me down. I held onto him tight, laughing.

"I knew you could do it!" I told him as he kept kissing me and my cheeks. "Thank you Troye! I never should've doubted you cause I lowkey was but I shouldn't have." He told me. "Brody!"

He was so happy that he called everybody.

When Dustin came home Brody threw himself at him.

"Dustin, you will not believe what happened earlier you just won't!" Brody says fast.

"Calm down, dude. Let me put my stuff down." Dustin comes into the living room.

"Porcelain."

"Fuck face."

"Now, what's going on?" Dustin asks. "So you know that audition I told you about. With Heather Morris." Brody says. "Yeah." Dustin nods. "Well. I got a call back and they want to start rehearsing next Wednesday!" Dustin stood up and they hugged.

"Good job, man, I knew you could do it." He says.

"She told me that she loved my audition and that she watched it over and over again. And that she can't wait to get to know me and work together." He says.

"Im so happy for you, Brody." I told him.

We celebrated by eating Chinese food and watching, this time, big time rush. He set his head in my lap and I play with his hair.

"I'm so glad I get to dance with the Heather Morris. Brittany S Pierce Heather Morris. Cheerio Heather Morris!" He says with a huge smile.

"I'm proud of you." I lean down and kiss his cheek. "Who knows. Maybe you can dance for me one day." I said.

"Are you being foreal or are you talking about sexy dancing?" He asks.

I gasp. "Brody! No! No no no, that is not what I'm talking about." I said. He laughs.

"I'm joking. I kid I kid." He says. "Well... actually I wouldn't mind that." I admit.

He smirks at me. "I'll keep that in mind." He says and winks. I giggle.

"So, other than dancing, what else do you do in school?" I ask him.

"Um, well, I sing a little. Do a little art; sculpting, photography, even. And um. That's it." He says. "You sing?" I ask. "Yeah." He nods.

"Aw, Brody. You're gonna have to sing with me, or to me, one day." I told him. "M-Maybe one day." He says.

"Seriously. How cute would that be if both you and me sing. And especially duets together. That's a main straight couple thing. We'd be...breaking boundaries." I said.

He laughs. "You are unbelievable." He turns to me. His big brown eyes sparkling from the lightening of the tv. I laugh with him.

"Seriously. One day I wanna hear you." I said. "I don't know if I can do that. You're an actual singer. You sell CDs, get nominated for an award and have fans. We just have school musicals and a few fan girls who come for hot guys. I-I still get nervous auditioning for a part." He says.

"Wait. There's school musicals? Like what?" I ask.

"We did Rocky Horror for Halloween, Chicago, and now we're doing West Side Story." He said.

"Really?! What part did you get?" I ask. "Bernardo, duh. I was born to play his part." He told me. I laugh at him.

"Who's Anita?" I ask. "Madison Beer, she's a freshman. But she can keep up." He said.

"Is she pretty?" I ask.

"Gorgeous. But I'm gay so you don't need to worry." He says. "Why'd you assume I'd think like that?" I ask him.

"I didn't have to assume, I already knew. Your facial expression." He says. "So." I shrug.

He reached up and kissed me. His hands slid behind my neck, pulling me closer. He pulls away slowly. Then leans his forehead against mine.

"You don't have to worry about a thing." He told me.

"I know. But if somebody puts their hands on you, I'm gonna slap them." I said. He chuckles.

"You don't have to slap anybody." He says. "I will if I have to." I said. He laughs at me.