1. New York city

In which Daveed is forty-five minutes late, and Jubilee tries her very first Pina Colada.

**************************

I stood on the platform, in Grand Central station.

I was waiting for my brother, Daveed. He was late. Half and hour late.

I sat down on a bench, with my two suitcases and backpack next to me. I was supposed to spent my summer vacation with an older brother I hardly know. I wasn't super excited. In fact, especially since he was late, I was a tad annoyed. But I remain optimistic.

But soon enough, a tall back guy, with big hair and glasses, waded through the sea of people to reach me.
"Jubilee?" I looked up, meeting the chocolate brown eyes of my older brother. "Hi, Daveed." He looks down, grinning like an idiot. Oh great.

"Jubilee! You are so huge! When I saw you last you were, like, ten!"

"Daveed, I'm not five." I sigh. "Also, you are about forty-five minutes late."

He frowned. "Really!? I could have sworn I was on time. Damn. I'm sorry."
I softened a bit when I saw how dissapointed he looked.
"It's fine, Dav."

He brightened a bit. "Wanna go get lunch? I'm super hungry."
I nodded, hoping he didn't try to take me to some gourmet place.
"Pizza sound okay?"

"Yeah." He picks up my bag.

He leads me to his car, and after throwing my suitcase in the trunk, he starts the car, and begins to drive.

He nervously taps the steering wheel. "So, uh, Jubilee, how are you?"

"Good, I guess. You?"

"I'm great! I'm actually rehearsing for a musical a friend of mine wrote."

I tried to seem interested. "Yeah?"
Daveed grins. "Yeah. Its about the founding fathers."

I blink. "The founding fathers?"

"Mhmm." Daveed keeps his eyes on the road, nodding.

"I'm sorry, you mean, like, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, founding fathers?"

Daveed snorted. "If you think that's weird, wait till you hear this. Most of the music is hiphop."

"Woah, you mean its a play written in rap!?"

"Yep."

I could barely contain my amusement. "That sounds.... interesting, Dav."

"I'll take you to meet the cast tomorrow! They're all super cool!"

I rolled my eyes at my brother's childish enthusiasm. "Anyway, I'm starved, how much longer til food?" I ask, hopefully. He chuckles. "Yeah. We're almost there. The place we're going to sells really good Piña Coladas."

I stare at him. "Daveed... You know I'm sixteen, right?"

Daveed blinked as though he had forgotten. But then he nodded. "So?"

"I can't have alcohol!"

"Ugh, what has mom done to you?"

I stared at him. He shrugged. "Just try it. They're good."

I sighed and leaned back in my seat. This might not go well.

-----

We pull into the parking lot of a little Grill house.

Daveed hops out of the car joyfully, and leads the way. I sighed and pull my coat around me. New York spring didn't feel quite over. It was cold.

Daveed pulled me to a table and handed me the menu. "So, we should get pizza."
I scanned the menu. "Whats up with the weird toppings?"
There was Steak, Spinach, and even broccoli! Ew!
Daveed groans, taking his glasses off, and rubbing his eyes. "What do you want?"
I scan the menu till I see what I want. "Bacon!"
Daveed chuckles and nods. "That's my girl."

We order an bacon covered pizza.

Then, he orders a pina colada.
Let's just say, it went down hill from there.

*time skip, cause I'm lazy*

I lay in my new bed that night, and I hoped and prayed that Daveed wouldn't make this miserable.

====
Don't worry, it gets better. This was just a filler.