I shouldn’t have done that to Byron but it was worth it, I didn’t want to use him just to forget my problems. There’s other ways to do that. After I got off the phone I searched the house for mum and dad but they’d left yet again for another business meeting. This time however it didn’t hurt, part of me was glad they’d left so I didn’t have to eat dinner with my dad staring at me with judgemental eyes.

Running my hand along the rows I pull out bottle after bottle, placing them in a makeshift box by my feet. When there’s no room for any more I make my way up the stairs, box in hand. I have just enough so my dad won’t find out.

It’s a struggle getting up the stairs but once I’m on flat ground it’s the easiest thing in the world. Lifting it up a little higher I place it on the coffee table and turn on the music, putting it up as loud as I like. It blasts through the speakers around the room, drowning out every sound and threatening to break the glass windows.

I stand there listening for a few seconds before I take a bottle in my hand, ignoring the strange smell I bring it to my lips and drink. A thick liquid rushes down my throat and even though it’s cold it burns like a flame in my chest but I can’t bring myself to stop. Every time I swallow the liquid my body becomes lighter and my mind, foggier.

Every feeling and thought I’ve ever had mixes together until I can’t place any. A bottle and a half later relief washes over my body like a cold wave on the hottest day of summer. I stare blankly at the wall, unable to see and think clearly, the music playing on the edge of my mind.

Memories run through my head and across my eyes but unlike when I was trapped, with every drink they’re blown away. I smile as all the weight seems to lift from my shoulders. I dance alone, my body having a mind of its own now, always reaching for a new bottle but even if I was in my right mind I wouldn’t stop it. It’s a great feeling to finally have my body light, even if it is for one night.

My hand reaches for another bottle yet gets nothing but air. I stop moving and stare into the box, nothing remains, not a single bottle. I lift up the box to go get another load of drinks, It’s truly amazing how much my dad has.

[Mr Alister’s P.O.V]

I sit in my car, debating whether or not to go find Reign. What I said today about being disappointed was out of place and I need to apologize. I saw the way his head dropped and I couldn’t help but to feel that I’d broken him, or at least a part of him.

Even though I was disappointed that he attacked Tex I knew he wouldn’t have done it for nothing, he’s not stupid however something was strange about it, about the way he was talking. His words run through my mind,

“You don’t care about me.”

“I’ve never meant anything to you, so you won’t mean anything to me, not anymore.”

The way he said it makes me believe that he wasn’t talking to Tex, that he was seeing someone else.

I start the car and drive towards his house. I need to find out who he was talking to if he wasn’t seeing Tex. At least that’s what I tell myself, I don’t get why I need to keep fighting this feeling for Reign when I’m losing. I’m losing in a fight against myself, how ironic.

His house comes into sight and music blasts through my open windows, someone on the street must be having a party but as I near his house I realise it’s coming from there. Looking around though I don’t notice any other cars parked out front so he mustn’t be having a party, so why would he be playing music so loud?

Quickly I park the car and jump out. I lick my lips nervously and walk slowly towards the door. I ring the bell a few times but then realise that he’s not going to hear it and instead open the door and invite myself in. Closing the door I walk into the living room to find empty bottles of various alcohols scattered along the floor. Moments later Reign comes in holding a box of even more, he stumbles over his feet while muttering to himself and I’m afraid he’s going to fall but surprisingly he doesn’t.