Part Thirteen: Where is Georgie Hiding?

$ Noah's P.O.V. $

It has been three days since Alex lost Georgie. We had found him that same day, but he went missing again. I don't know how she keeps losing him. She loves that teddy so much that she wouldn't let it out of her sights, even when she is having a shower.

Alexis has been running in and out of my office all day and I haven't been able to do any of my work. She keeps asking me to come look for Georgie. I always cave because, to be honest, I don't want to disappoint her.

I feel as though she may be doing this all for my attention. I know she needs the attention because she is a little and needs that acknowledgement from her daddy. If she doesn't get that then she will clearly strive to gain that attention. I should talk to her and see how she is really feeling, what she truly wants from me.

-10 minutes later-

Alexis and I are sitting on the bed we have shared for the past week. She looks up at me innocently. Did she know what I wanted to talk about? I look at her sternly, wanting to see how she would react.

"Alexis, we need to talk. No little space, just two adults talking. I need your help, darling, I want to know and understand how you actually feel about us." She nods and takes a deep breath.

"I feel as if you give your work more attention than me. I don't like that at all. I need attention from you so I know you care. I worry a lot when you don't acknowledge me when I try do things for you. That's why I keep coming into your office all the time. I wanted you to see how I dressed myself up and made myself cuter for you. That's all I really wanted. I'm really sorry if that annoyed you and I guess you will want to punish me for not being the perfect little, but I just couldn't deal with you ignoring me all the time."

"You should've told me, darling. I would've stopped my work and played dolls with you or coloured with you or anything. I am here to care for you, no matter what. I am your caregiver. I am your daddy and you are my babygirl. There isn't anything which will change that." She looks down at her hands and starts to fiddle.

"Is it okays if we nap now? I gots really sleepy from having to look for Georgie earlier." I nod and open my arms, letting her snuggle into my chest and slowly drift to sleep.

My adorable little angel.