Chp. 18 - My Turn

Start from the beginning

He turned me down another hallway which was a more modern looking dungeon, instead of stones there was cement, and clear - i'm guessing - bullet proof glass that showed torture weapons along with a chair and steel table, it was the same for every cell for a while. 

I didn't hear the voices until we got to the cage, not bullet proof glass, just silver bars it looked kind of like an office. I didn't recognise the voices I didn't even get to see the people inside until the Hunter opened the bars and pushed me into the room. 

"Amber?" my heart almost broke, when I heard her call my name, looking up I see Lily tied to a chair, in a short blue dress, bandage on her thigh, scars spiralling up her legs which could have only been from silver wire. She looked terrible, she looked weak, she looked like me that must mean her wolf is gone too and we were both doomed. 

"Lily" I could feel the tears coming back to my eyes but I forced them down, Lily wasn't crying, even in her weak state she seemed strong, stronger than me and I need to be strong too. 

"Let her go" Lily yelled at a man I couldn't see, a man who was hidden behind a partition, I watched and waited for him to reveal himself. I heard whispers and realised there was another man there, talking to whoever was in charge. 

"Out of the question" I heard one man say before there was a yell and another Hunter was revealed, he was young, probably early twenties, dressed the same as the Hunter standing beside me. 

"Eric" The other one called and walked out from behind the partition. Mr Simmons. I mentally gasped, I knew he was a Hunter but didn't know he was the instegator. 

"He's my brother, she offered you a deal, a fair deal" Eric yelled at him and pointed his finger to Lily, 

"A Hunter in training and a werewolf are two completely different things" Mr Simmons yelled back, 

"Keith is not a thing he's my brother and your family how can you just abandon him like that?" 

"My sister for Keith, you can keep me" Lily spoke mild manneredly to Mr Simmons, 

"No" I yelled not really sure as to why I said it. Realising I was there Mr Simmons sighed and looked back at the Hunter named Eric. 

"We'll discuss this later" he muttered to Eric who didn't like it at all, storming out of the cage and his footsteps drifting off. 

Mr Simmons looked at me and nodded to the Hunter behind me who strapped my hands together with a zip tie and left. Barely able to keep myself standing I leant against the wall, 

"Now, Amber" he spoke my name with such malice I cringed, "We have some business to attend too" I swallowed hard as he started to walk around the room, stopping at Lily resting both his hands on her shoulders. 

"Because of your sister, I lost three family members and as the saying goes 'send one of ours to the hospital we'll send one of yours to the morgue' only you didn't send them to the morgue you didn't even send them back to us to be mourned, no, you buried them in a graveyard that had no markings like the savage beasts you are". He was pissed and Lily was fighting back, she kept her eyes on me, she was in deep concentration, she looked like she was trying to communicate with me and she flashed me golden eyes. I tried to hide the surprise on my face and I think I did well enough for Mr Simmons not to pick up on it, she had her wolf back, I don't understand how but I'm grateful, so what is Lily waiting for?

"Well you know what they say about a dog being backed into a corner" Lily growled, a promise lurking in her tone. Mr Simmons raised his hand and striked her across the face and I pushed off of the wall only to stumble and fall. I wanted to help her to do anything but I couldn't,