Chapter 3

Sade P.O.V

"You're going down Blackstone!" I yelled as my eyes were fixed on the TV screen as I concentrated on the intense game Brody and I were playing.

"You can kiss my ass Young!" he replied as I smirked.

We were playing Call Of Duty and decided to play against each other instead of teaming up. The screen was devided in two to make it better to see for the both of us as we ran around the lot we have chosen to try to find and kill each other.

I was in some kind of building and ran to one of the windows and spotted Brody running towards the entrance outside. I then shot him a few times wich sent Brody next to me in a shocked state as the screen said that he lost and I won.

"What?!"

"Told you I'd smoke your ass." I said turning to look at him with a wide grin.

"That's so unfair!" he complained with a pout on his face.

"Ugh take your defeat like a man!" I teased laughing and started poking his stomach.

Brody then started to chuckle and took my hands in his to stop me from poking him.

"Fine... I admit defeat. But next time you won't be so lucky." he said and tried to give me a serious look wich failed and he just ended up smirking.

"Don't be so sure." I stated with a devious smile and took my hands out of his and stood up to walk to the kitchen.

"It's getting pretty late." Brody said looking out the window as the light started to dim and night was slowly starting to creep in.

"Yeah?" I asked pouring myself a glass of water.

"And Skye isn't back yet." he said and I took a sip of my water.

"I'm sure she's fine. I'll go look for her after I finished my water." I said and Brody then stood up from the couch and walked over to where I was.

"You know that's a good idea, but do you know what's an even better idea?" he asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"That I go look for her and you stay put and safe." he said and grabbed my glass from out of my hand and downed my water before giving me back my empty glass. "I'll be back as soon as I can and don't let strangers in." he said before moving to the front door.

"You owe me a glass water you jackass!" I called out behind him.

"It was refreshing thank you!" he yelled back before he closed the door behind him and dissappeared from my sight.

I smiled and rolled my eyes before filling my glass up with water again. I then walked to the our room and picked up my toiletry bag and my pjs before walking to the bathroom.

I then flipped the tap from the shower on and stripped from my clothes and got under the soothing hot water. I then began to hum a lullaby that my mother used to sing to me when I was little to get me to fall asleep.

I missed her. The soft gentleness in her touch and warm love she gave to me was burnt in my memory and I longed for it. My dad wasn't in the picture and I never knew the guy. He left my mother when he heard that she was pregnant with me and moved to Australia. My mother than got very ill when I was about 6 and she was diagnosed with skin cancer and she died shortly afterwards leaving me in the hands of my beloved uncle Mason.

I smiled at the thought of my uncle being and how he raised me to be the woman I am today as I massaged my scalp with my shampoo. I then rinsed off the foamy substance and grabbed my Conditioner before I suddenly froze.