Chapter 2

Skye P.O.V

"Are you sure we are heading the right way?" Brody asked as I look towards the GPS and saw that we are still on the right track.

"Yes Brody for the hundredth time! We are on the right rode." I said in frustration as I look back out at the window seeing the pine trees pass by us. I look over my shoulder and saw Sade looking threw her phone. I don't know what I would have done without her. Since she is my only family well except for Mason. She is like the sister I never had. Even if I did have an older sister and parents. The memory flashed in my head.

Flashback

"Honey we should hurry if we want to get to my parents ranch before dark!" My mom yield standing near the car with her hands on her hips. My sister, Mercedes, and I was sitting in the car taking selfless as always. My dad quickly rushed out of the house with his brown leather suitcase in hand and threw it in the trunk before climbing in. My mom climb in next to him as we took the highway to grandma's ranch. My sister was on her phone texting her boyfriend as I smiled and put my earphones on and lean my head on the window before falling asleep.

It all happened so fast. When I woke up I was laying on a stretcher with a mask on my face and two people next to me dressed in paramedics outfits. They rushed me to the hospital since I had a broken leg and my ribs was cracked. I didn't die that day but my sister and parents did.

End of flashback

My mom died on the scene, dad died in the hospital while they were operating, Mercedes live for two weeks but she had a brain tumour. Everyone I loved that day died and I lived. I have regret that day since forever. It didn't felt right for me to live and they died. I felt alone well until Sade and Mason took me in. They have been my family since I can remember. A single tear slid from my eyes as I quickly wipe it away and look back out the window.

"Hallelujah we are here." Brody said as I look out and saw the resort come into place. It was a beautiful nature resort and I can see why they call it a nature resort. It was in the middle of nowhere. Their was pine trees everywhere since we where on the woods. The resort building sat in the middle of four pine trees. Right next to the building sat a gorgeous clear lake. Their was a couple chairs and tables and a deck where their was four boat. Their was a lot of people here, near the lake, playing in the water and even tanning. Brody parked in an empty spot near the building as we climb out.

A guy dressed in a white shirt and blue jeans came towards us with a luggage trolley as he began to unpack the luggage while Brody, Sade and I stood next to each other looking up at the building. It was a ground floor building with two windows and a big oak door. It didn't look like much but I think it look great.

"Lets go bitches." Sade said and walk towards the doors as I was about to walk when I felt a hand grab my upper arm. I turn around and saw Brody look towards me with concerned eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked as I frowned.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why?"

"You cried in the car. I taught that something might be wrong." He said as my mother's face flash in my mind and I felt the tears again but I push them back.

"Oh no I just taught about that day of the accident." I said as I saw his eyes grew larger.

"Oh Skye I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"No Brody it's okay. I'm fine now, you didn't do anything." I said as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm here for you panda bear." He said as I smiled into his chest and hug him tighter before pulling away as he smiled up at me.

"Hey nitwits are you two coming or what! I got our room key!" Sade yield from the door as I look over my shoulder and smiled towards her.

"Yeah don't keep your panties in a twist!" Brody yield as she stuck her thong out for him. I laughed at their silliness before walking towards Sade as Brody followed behind me. The lobby was quite beautiful, in the middle of the room was a desk with a chair and computer. A young looking woman sat behind the desk looking at her phone. The place was quite decorated with paintings and potted plants. At the back was another set of doors. Sade walk in the front and open the doors as she step aside I had to keep my eyes from popping out. Their sat at least twenty cabins all around the huge pool in the middle. Their was also a hot tub and to your left sat another building but you could smell the food from here.

"Umm which cabin is ours?" Brody asked as we climb down the four steps. Sade look down at the key number before looking up towards the cabins.

"Their, number 402!" She said pointing to the second cabin on our left. Yes, we got a cabin near the lake. As we walk towards the cabin I notice that everyone that was at the pool started towards us. I didn't dare to look at them but I only look in the corner of my eyes. Sade jump up the steps and unlock the door as we step inside. We immediately came into the t.v. room. Their was three black leather couches with a flat screen TV on the wall. On the glass table under the television sat a brand new PlayStation 4. I look towards Sade as she look towards her price as her eyes grew large.

"I'm in heaven!" She said and move towards it as if she was flying. I laughed as I look towards Brody only to see him standing next to Sade with the same face expression. I look to my right and saw two doors right next to each other.

"Well I'm gonna check out my room." I said but they didn't here me to busy googling over the PlayStation. I took the door near the glass doors that leads to the small porch that had two seats that look over the lake. I open the wooden door and gasp. Their was two double beds on in the right and one on the left. Their was a huge closet at the back of the room with a door next to it, probably the bathroom. I walk to the bed on the left that had a window next to it looking over the lake and the pine trees in the disrance. The door open as Sade walk in and put her bag on the bed in the right and quickly zip it open.

"Oh your luggage is.."

"Right here." Brody's voice came from the door as I look towards him seeing him place the four bags at the door. "Damn what are in those monsters?"

I laughed as I took the bags to my bed and place them on the bed. "Well in three of them are clothes and stuff I need like my laptop and bathroom stuff. And in the other one are my books."

"Books? Don't tell me you brought books to our vacation?" He asked as he facepalmed himself.

"What is their a problem?" I asked and put my clothes in the closet next to Sade's as she did the same.

"Yes their is a problem! I mean it's vacation!" He said out loud as he move his hands in frustration.

"Then ask Sade what she brought!"

"What? I brought the same as you but not books, oh no I brought my games! They are my babies!"

"Well see that makes sense but books!" Brody said as I signed and grab my twilight book before walking past him.

"Where the he'll are you going?" Brody asked as I stop at the door and look towards him.

"I'm gonna take a walk. I already unpack my stuff it's only my books that are still in my bag but I plan on leaving them their. See you guys later!" I said and open the door before closing it behind me. I walk past the cabin towards the pine trees. I walk all along the lake as I put my book against my chest. I finally found a great spot just a little further away from the cabins. I took my spot near a huge tree as I lean against the base and pull my legs to my chest as I open my book and start to read.

About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him-and I didn’t know how potent that part might be-that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.

As I read those words I look up with a smile and saw a figure leaning against a tree on the other side of the lake. I frown and look closer seeing a man dressed in a black shirt that was rolled up to his elbows. He wore a black Jean that sat perfectly with black shoes. He had dark brown hair but his eyes was the thing that pulled me towards him. They were this grey, blue color. But just as he appeared he disappeared.

Who the he'll was that?