Chapter 5

Sade P.O.V

I was walking along a narrow path located somewhere deep in the woods. I kept close to the riverbank since I loved looking at the crystal clear blue water beside me becuase it made me feel calmand safe. My feet were bare on the hard soal and I had a flower crown that rested ontop of my head. The dress I wore swayed delicately as I walked and made me feel delicate and pretty.

I was happy and I felt free, everything around me seemed so alive and healthy.

I then came to a small deck and decided to go sit down on the edge. I let my toes feel the icy water below me and splashed some water around with my feet. A small giggle escaped my lips as I looked at my reflection in the water. I looked healthy like a girl my age is supose to look like.

I then felt this sudden urge that someone was watching me. I looked up to see a figure far in the distance staring directly at me. I could tell it was a man becuase he had broad shoulders and a tall slender figure. He had a hood that hid his face from the human eye.

I then smiled and waved, not wanting to seem rude. "Hey there! Are you lost?" I asked, but he just stood there frozen and didn't utter a word.

"I can help you if you're lost!" I implied, but still no answer.

I frowned slightly at how strange the man was acting. Fear slowly started to sink in as I though that this person might not be responding becuase of wrong intended reasons. I then slowly got up and moved off the deck and averted my eyes away from the man to see where I was going.

As my feet touched the soft grass and soal I turned my head to see if the man was still there staring at me, but found him gone. I frowned and shook it off and turned to continue my little walk through the woods.

As I walked I heard a twig snap on my right and I jumped in fright and started at the thousand of trees next to me. I assured myself that it was probably a small animal and took a deep breath to soothe my alerted senses. As I wanted to turn I bumped into something and fell to the ground.

I groaned and looked up to see it was the man that stood across the lake. I then let out a small gasp as the man grabbed me and pulled me up. His hands were tightly clasped around mine to assure that I couldn't run away.

"Mine." the man growled and I looked up at his face.

I couldn't make anything out with the hood shading his face, but I could see the outline of his mouth. He made sure that I couldn't identify him properly. He then let out another low growl before pulling me close and burying his head in my neck. I could feel him taking my sent in as I started to shake in his hold. His nose rubbed on my sensitive skin of my neck smelling me before I felt his lips gently kiss it.

"I bite, you bleed. You may fight, but I must feed." he whispered before he sunk his teeth into my skin.

I screamed at the pain and felt my blood spilling down my neck. I felt my body weaken as my life was being sucked out. After a while the action became soothing causing my body to relax and go limp. The man then pulled away and I could see his lips now covered in blood as an eerie smile spread on his face.

"Soon, we'll be united. Angel and demon coming together living out their fate." he said and with that my vision got blurry and my eyes fluttered shut.

I jumped up right in my bed startled at the nightmare I just had. I could feel the sweat dripping from my forehead and my heart beated wildly in my chest. I then took a deep breath in and let it out before looking towards Skye's bed to find it empty.