Chapter 10

Skye's P.O.V

"Skye?" A voice ask behind me as I turn around alarmed and came face to face with Matt.

"Matt!" I said as I put my hands behind my back. He move forward towards me and grab my upper arm as he dragged me threw the living room to the library.

"What the he'll are you doing here?" He asked as he step down the stairs and walked to the fireplace. I follow behind him and sat down in a leather chair. He move towards a small table behind one of the couches were the drinks stand.

"I came here for answers Matt!" I said as he took a seat across from me and sip on his whiskey.

"What are you talking about Skye?" He asked as I lean forward in my seat.

"Someone attacked Sade." I said as he frowned. "Sade is my best friend or should I say sister. She came with me to the resort with our friend, Brody." He suddenly look towards me with his eyes widen.

"Brody, is he your..." He cut himself of and I saw him swallow hard. "Boyfriend?" He almost push the word out as I smile and laughed.

"Oh no, he is just a good friend!" I said and look up towards Matt to see him smiling. I smiled back and look down at my hands.

"Like I was saying, someone attacked Sade in our cabin and the manger of the resort told me that someone lived here in this mansion so I taught that it could be the guy that attacked Sade."

"You came here up alone?" He asked and put his glass down on the end table as he also lean forward in his seat.

"Yeah of course I did." I said as his face suddenly fell and he look over my body. "I. Okay."

"The only people who lives here is me and Nathaniel." He said as I frown, maybe it was this Nathaniel guy.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for just showing up out of nowhere." I said and stood up but Matt suddenly appear in front of me as he look down at me while my eyes grew large. How did he move so fast?

"You can't do out now, it's already dark outside." He said as I look out the big windows and saw that he was right. I signed and look up at him as he look down at me. His amazing blue grey eyes were staring into my crystal clear blue eyes. He then suddenly frown and look towards the entry of the living room.

"What's wrong?" I asked as he step in front of me.

"Stay here." He said and move the long way around threw the living room while I move threw the hallway.

"Sade?" I asked as I saw her standing in the hallway. She look towards me with a graceful smile as she brought me into a tight hug. She told me that she and Brody head up here to come get me since it was starting to get dark. Then this Nathan guy walked in and I could see Sade move her weight from one foot. She told us about these girls that took Brody back to the deck and I frowned and look towards Matt to see him sharing a look with Nathan. So we divided to stay for the night at their place since it was to late. Nathan called the girls to tell them to bring Brody to the mansion, while Matt, Sade and I sat in the living room. It didn't take long before Brody walk threw the door looking at the house with disgust.

"Brody!" Both Sade and I said at the same time as we jump up and ran to him. He stop just in front of the stairs where Nathan was leaning against the wall while Matt stood behind us.

"Panda bear! Sade!" He said and brought us both into a hug. But before we could say anything to him their was a growl from behind us and also to our left side. With one swift movement both Sade and i stood behind Brody as his hands was clutching ours. I saw the blond girl and the red girl sitting on the couch where we sat just a few minutes ago. I swear they wasn't their just a few moment ago.

"Stay back your filthy blood suckers." Brody said as I look towards Sade as she shook her head at me. But it was to late I stringent of Brody and Matt as I put one stretched hand towards Matt and one to Brody.

"Guys!" I began as Brody look towards Nathan while Sade step between them. "Brody you don't have to worry these are our friends."

"Friends? Skye you don't make friends with blood suckers." Brody said as I heard Matt growled behind me. I frown looking back towards Brody.

"What does that even mean?"

"Aren't you in the wrong territory mutt?" Nathan asked as Brody shot him a look.

"You took my friend so it is my job to protect her."

"Its not your job anymore." Matt said as they shared a look.

"Enough, Brody we are staying here for the night so suck it up." I said as I saw Brody's eyes grew wide and look towards Sade.

"She's right it was my idea." Sade said and walk towards me.

"Matt can you take us to our room please." I said and Matt nod moving towards me as he held out a hand for me. I move my hand forward and place my hand in his as I grab with my other hand Sade's as he pull us towards the stairs. We went up to the first floor as we walk down a hallway before stopping at the end of the hall, where two doors stood across from one another.

"Skye, this is your room and Sade your room is right across from her." He said and point to the room to my left that was mine and the room to my rig h was Sade's.

"Thanks Matt, it means a lot." I said as he look towards me and smiled.

"Well I take that as my cue to leave." Sade said as I look over Matt's shoulder. She stop in her tracks and turn around to look at Matt. "Umm where is the kitchen?"

He chuckled. "Just go down the stairs, turn right until you walk to the end of the hall and turn left. The last arch on your left."

"Thank you, oh and Skye." She said looking towards me. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do." She then added a wink and turn to walk away as I lean against against the door while Matt look towards me with a smile.

"She's kind of weird, she not like other people." I said with a shy laugh as he smirk.

"Don't worry about it she kind of reminds me of Nathan." He said as I smiled and nod. Speaking of Nathan I need to ask Sade how she met him. "I see your wearing the necklace."

"Oh of course I would wear it why wouldn't I?" I asked as I put my hand onto the necklace.

"I just maybe taught you would think it's weird." He said as I gave him a shy smile.

"Its not weird, I love it! It's a gift and I wouldn't just throw something away that someone gave to me." I said as he smiled before he move his head over his shoulder.

"I should go, you need to rest. I'll see you tomorrow." He said and move forward and kiss my cheek. I close my eyes and when I open it again he was gone.