Chapter 21 - sorrowful day

I woke up the next afternoon because of my hand was hurting too much to ignore it. I sighed. I raised my right hand and saw it glowing, the Triforce of power, again?! It blinded me for a second until I raised my left hand in front of my eyes.
"Goodness." I whispered to myself. I sat up trying to examine the matter of my hand a bit closer. Something isn't right, I turned my hand around in weird way, like I've never done before. I stood up and quickly changed into my blue dress. I quickly tied my up hair into a messy bun and placed my crown to my head and lastly took the Walking wand. Then I sneaked out of the room trying my best not to wake up Link. I walked along the hallways towards the throne room.

"Good afternoon dear!" I heard a deep voice greet behind my back.

I turned around. "Oh, hello, Chancellor Ganondorf." I smiled.

"Where's the Prince?" He asked raising his wand as he waved.

"He is sleeping. Rough day yesterday." I joked. "Is there anything special going on at the castle today that I should participate on?" I then continued yawning.

"Not really, you could go to the throne room since it seems like Link isn't going to be around for much today. If something may happen you can give orders, since you are our new Princess." He suggested.

"I was actually just walking to the throne room."

"Ah, great. I'll probably join with you in a couple of moments, I have some unfinished work."

I waved and said goodbye to Ganondorf and continued walking. But not even ten seconds later I heard a swinging voice and then a small crash. I turned around to see what was the noise. I saw a little flame burning at the wall ornament that slowly was dying. Ganondorf was already far away, I doubt that he heard the noise. I shrugged and left towards the throne room. When I arrived I got to finally test my new throne chair. It still feels weird to be a Princess. The fact that with one word I can get the whole kingdom to obey me, is making me sick.

I was in the middle of my toughts when I heard the throne room's doors being slammed open and then Ganondorf yelling.
"Princess Zelda! Princess Zelda!" He yelled and then collapsed to the floor in front of me.

I stood up quickly. "What is the matter?!" I asked trying to sound Princess-like and a good leader-like.

"P-peoples.. Servants... Have been killed..." He deplored on the floor.

"Where?! And when?!" I yelled as fear took over me. I know that I shouldn't be afraid of this type of things, but being in here, Arlen, has changed me so much.... No.. That is not who I am. On the royal agreements and signatures I am a Princess. In my mind, I am a heroine reborn, but in my heart, I am my mother's daughter and the new hope of Arlen. I must not let fear take control. "Lead me the way!"

After Ganondorf got up, he dragged himself and me, to the main hallway. We walked behind the tall pillars and Ganondorf pointed at four bodies and two paintings.
"Can you identify these people?" I asked and looked the nervous redhead into his eyes.

"Two castle soldiers, the priest, the man who was supposed to become your own bodyguard, what was his name again? Byrne? And a man a lady we could not identify." He sighed deeply. "The two were said to get married in three days. We do not know their names though. Probably servants of the castle."

"How did these two paintings get into the wall if the wand is in your keeping?" I asked doubtfully.

"I... I left the wand into my office for the time I went for afternoon tea. And when I came back... It was gone... And then when I went to look for it, I found it here, along with this." He tried to convince me and at the same time he handed me a bloody knife. "I suppose you could say this is the weapon that was used to brutally murder these innocent people.." He sighed and pressed his hand into his forehead.

"I'm... Speechless.. And angry. How could anybody do this? By the way, a lady, you could not identify? May I see her face..?" I asked knowing that my hopes of knowing the dead woman would shatter in a matter of seconds.

Ganondorf nodded and turned the body around, then he stepped back to let me examine it in peace.
The lady had short brownish hair and she was wearing a long blue skirt. She also had a couple of white feathers in her hair. She looked kinda familiar, I don't know from where, though. "I hope they'll meet again, in another life." I whispered so quietly not even Ganondorf could hear anything.

Right after I heard somebody from a bit further away mumble "And now.. Another beauty joins my collection.." I heard something swing behind my back. As I quickly got up and took a step to left to get over the sad bodies I saw a colorful flame storm right next to me. "ZELDA!" Ganondorf yelled. "Are you okay?!" He ran to me and dragged me away from the bodies.

"What was that?!" I asked shocked.

"I dont know either! I just heard that deep deep voice and then I saw the flame fly right towards you. Thank goodness you are okay.." He huffed and hugged me.

Then we heard a door open and somebodys shoes clatter against the floor as they marched towards us.
"Just what is going on in here?!"
It was Link. "And why are you touching my wife like that, chancellor!?" He growled angry.

I stepped aside from Ganondorf's grip and stroked Link's hair. "Look." I pointed at the horror scene.

"W-what has happened in here?!" Link could get the words out of his mouth before his face turned pale from shock.

I shrugged. "You were sleeping and I was in the throne room at the time of the accident."

Link crossed his arms after me and Ganondorf explained the whole situation to him a bit better. "I'm just glad that you are okay Zelda. But after all of this type of acts of brutalism, they leave us no choice. Tighten the security all around the castle. Zelda, start to carry atleast a small weapon with you all the time when you leave somewhere alone. Got it? And Ganondorf, you make sure that you stay safe too."
I nodded and Ganondorf bowed.

And so, the sorrowful day continued at normal pace.

------------------------------

Pretty man in green. A lil artwork of the Prince of Arlen I made while bored last week. Excuse my lazy drawing and coloring.
Enjoy!

Maybe he spilled his tea when he realized that this story has almost 500 views. Thank you everyone.

(Can you spot his little wedding ring? ;))