I lower my eyes and trail my fingers along the texturized wall. I come to another stop at a frame holding pictures from freshman year. I feel myself smile at a picture of Sarah and I doing each other's make up. I look pretty decent and she looks like a mess - not a good idea letting me do her make up.

I turn my eyes to the next one and feel my heart ache. My smile fading in a instant. It's a picture of Matt and I on our first date.

Even back then - on our first date, my parents thought we'd end up together. He had brought me a bouquet of flowers. He had asked my dad for permission to date me, he had met my parents the first time we went out. It was sweet but so traditional, so expected and predictable.

Taking a deep breath and closing my eyes, I walk away from the pictures, done with the little walk down memory lane.

The remainder of the day is very boring - perfectly boring. I shower, make lunch for Jeremy, play with him while my mom and dad are at work. I clean up around the house and decide to make some spaghetti for dinner to save my mom some work.

She's thankful for the dinner when she gets home, my dad is home later than her - staying late to grade papers. I set the table as my mom changes into something more appropriate for dinner.

"Thank you." She squeezes my arm as she sits down at the table. "I love having you home again, everything is perfect again." There's that word again - perfect. Nothing about this life was perfect, maybe perfectly boring...

We all sit down at the table and go around talking about our day. I don't have much to say about my day. I find myself wondering how I ever talked about my day to them. I remember in high school I always had endless things to tell my parents - but now I can't imagine what it was.

Was it always about grades? No... it was usually about what I did at lunch with Sarah or Matt. I knew at dinner I would talk for ages but I can't think of anything that could last longer than a few seconds in conversation. I'm utterly lost in the past of my life.

~ ~ ~

The next day I can't wait to go to Sarah's birthday dinner - something exciting to throw into this boring routine. I still can't believe this was my life before him, this routine every day I somehow thought I missed.

I find myself missing Zayn and Boulder more with every passing second. He still hasn't called or tried to make contact and I feel my heart pinching with the thoughts and doubts that come to my mind.

I wonder how much he's partied while I've been gone, I wonder if he's been with any girls since I've been gone. I wonder if he's having fun without me there and realizes what he wants and that he doesn't want - whatever it is we have, anymore.

I dress in a short empire styled raspberry colored dress. The top is fitted and strapless while from the waist down it flows and ends right above my knees. It's a soft chiffon material and it makes my skin look more creamy than usual.

I slide on a pair of white ballet flats and grab a matching white clasp. I come out to the living room where my parents are dressed and sitting with Jeremy.

My mom wears a white Sunday church dress, a blue sweater and dark shoes. My dad wears a matching white button up shirt and slacks. Jeremy is dressed with black slacks and a light blue button up shirt. I smile and take him from my parents who examine me,

"Pretty dress." She nods to my dress. I glance down at it, it was one of the dresses Sarah had bought for me - she had insisted on me bringing it with me back home so I could wear it tonight. I have to say; she knows how to dress me better than myself.

"Thanks." I mumble as I follow them to the car. I buckle Jeremy in as my parents get the heat going in the car. I get in next to Jeremy and we take the quick drive to Sarah's house.