"Why are we out here?"

"I was right," she replied instead.

"About what?"

I set my cup down and wrapped my arms around her waist until I had a good enough grip to pull her into my lap. Her momentary squeal stopped once she realized I just wanted to be closer to her.

"About spending the new year how you spent New Year's eve."

"You're right. I spent all year locking you in bedrooms so I could molest you."

She nudged my shoulder but couldn't contain her laughter long enough to scold me properly, "I'm serious."

I wasn't superstitious and I knew that I spent the year with her because I wanted to.

"We'll spend every New Year's Eve together, Camz."

"I know," she answered simply before her forehead came to rest against mine, "And Valentine's day, and 4th of July, and Thanksgiving, and Christmas."

"I can't wait," I tilted my neck back and kissed her lips softly as my hands sought out her warm body under the sweater she was wearing, "Happy Anniversary," I breathed against her when I pulled away.

"We didn't get together officially until March," she reminded me.

The time line of our relationship was slightly complicated but I always considered New Years our starting point.

"This was it for me."

She smiled softly and for a second it looked like she could have cried.

"Does that mean I get extra anniversary presents?"

"Of course," I tickled the sides of her stomach.

The door behind us opened and loud chatter and music hit us in sync with the heat.

"It's almost midnight!" Sam told us excitedly.

Camila and I shared one of our silent looks before she hugged me closer and looked up at him, "We're good."

The door closed a few seconds later and Camila and I were left alone again, "We're going to miss midnight," I told her.

Truthfully I was glad that Camila would rather spend the last few seconds of the year with me, we were in our own little world once again.

"Someone once told me that midnight was overrated," she smiled her mischievous smile.

"They sound incredibly smart and sexy, you should probably stay with them forever," I teased as I cupped her cheek.

"That's my plan."

We could hear the countdown through the door but none of that mattered, Camila's lips were already on mine again.

She was beautiful, she loved me, and that was all I needed.

We weren't perfect...

Lauren stared at the keyboard and rubbed the pressure points on the side of her temple as she struggled to come up with the perfect ending line for her short story.

She wrote when she felt inspiration and she certainly was feeling a lot of it over the past week or so. It was just something to do in her free time, something that she did to re-live and remember the first year her and Camila spent together.

She started writing it one weekend during her junior year of college after she and Camila got into a particularly brutal fight. Lauren left their apartment with the intentions of staying with her sister for two days until Camila had cooled off enough to talk. She didn't even make it a full day. She lasted 4 hours, two of which she spent writing, and jumped in the next cab back to their apartment to apologize for whatever she did to upset her brunette. Camila was crying as she clutched a picture of the two of them to her chest by the time Lauren got back to her.