10. Midnight

This is the end, thank you all for reading!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One year.

It had been one year since I saw Camila, actually saw her.

It was the beginning of something so amazing that the weight of it all was lost on me while it was happening. How could I ever have imagined that a drunken kiss at 3 in the morning would lead to everything it brought me? It was spur of the moment, the alcohol and desire combining to form a deadly toxin that allowed me to let go of my reservations for just a few minutes. That was all it took, a few minutes with Camila's lips on mine and I was a goner. Never in a million years would I have approached her had I not been masked behind the liquid courage I spent 6 hours working towards.

She was so beautiful and I never wanted anything more in my life.

A year later and we were back in the same house, with the same people, and it felt like nothing had changed. It felt as if we were at the same exact party as we were one year before.

I was seated on the same couch as I nursed my red solo cup full of whatever concoction my chemist of a girlfriend made me, and I was watching my friends interact with each other. How we all became so close was a miracle. We protected each other and we always would, I had no doubt about it. I closed my eyes and when I opened them I expected to find Sam next to me with his hand protectively around my back while he talked to Shawn and Camila about workouts. The sense of déjà vu I felt was overwhelming and a little scary, I felt trapped and for a second I actually believed that it was a year ago and nothing had changed.

Camila caught my eyes from across the room and she gave me a close lipped smile, as if she was thinking about everything I was thinking of. She knew. It was so simple, she knew exactly how lucky we were. Her eyes were kind and I could tell by Lucy' raised eyebrow that she threw her a barely passable excuse before walking towards me on the couch.

I stared up at her through heavy eye-lids with a goofy grin on my face, she tended to call it my drunk face, and I giggled childishly every time she called me on it.

"You're adorable," she smiled as she reached her hand down for me to take.

I didn't ask any questions, I slipped my hand in hers and allowed her to pull me up.

"I love you."

She looked confused for a split second, probably not understanding where my sudden outburst came from, but her face smoothed into an easy smile in no time.

"So we're at that level of drunk, huh?"

I nodded and my cheeks tingled from the smile that refused to leave my face.

"Very well," she tugged my hand and I followed her without another word.

My relationship with Camila amazed me. We spent our entire Christmas vacation together and still weren't sick with each other. If anything, I wanted to see her more. New York had been an experience. We spent the majority of it walking the random streets and pretending we'd lived there forever, Camila fit right in.

I couldn't wait to hear back from Columbia.

"Are you having fun?" she asked.

The cold air hit my hot face and it felt amazing, Camila closed the side door and helped me down the steps.

I nodded, "Are you?"

She sat on the steps and pulled me down next to her.

"Of course," she replied as she rested her head on my shoulder.