Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Afia P.O.V.

As I was walking into school I saw Muffy with Ben and they looked like they were having a heated discussion and I heard her say,

"Are you scared for little Afia to find out?"

I quickly walked up to them after hearing my name being said, "What am I scared of finding out, and what are you doing here didn't you graduate like two years ago."

When I spoke Ben immediately jumped and turned around and said, "It's nothing and she was just here to see about volunteering."

I frowned slightly and she gave me a wicked grin and I said, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, and I will see you at lunch." He said dismissing me, I raised my eyebrows and continued walking to my class too exhausted to even try and start an argument. Over the past few days, I have been staying up late for extra studying, since I no longer have time to do it during lunch because of my tutor sessions.

"What's up Fia." Donte said using the nickname I hated.

"What did I tell you about calling me that." I said highly annoyed.

"You said clear as day, 'Donte I will kick you in the balls if you keep calling me that wretched name.'" He said impersonating me.

"Do I really sound like that?" I asked.

"Yep." He laughed.

I rolled my eyes and said, "I do not sound like that."

He stopped in front of my classroom door and held out his fist. I looked down at it confused and looked at him, "Why are you holding out your fist like that?"

He looked at me and back down at his fist and said, "Wait how long have you been in America?"

"For about five years now, why?" I shrugged.

"You telling me you been in America for five years now and you don't know what a dap is." He said frowning.

"Oh, Ashley told me what a dap was, isn't it a dance." I said and then demonstrating the dance she showed me.

"Nope, we not gon' do that no more." He said quickly putting my hands at my sides. "Ok that was a dab not a dap, a dap is something you greet or say bye to your friends with," He said and he held back out his fist, "Now you bump my fist with your fist."

I shrugged and bumped his fist, "So I just dapped, right?"

"Yes, you did." He said beginning to laugh.

"Yeah whatever I will talk to you later." I said going into my class.

"See ya later Fia." He said from behind me and I sent him a quick glare which made him laugh even harder.

----

I sat down in front of Ryan who was preparing for the tutor session, And I noticed Ben wasn't there, he usually came to sit in on the sessions.

"Hey Ryan." I said sitting my bag down and taking out my notebooks.

"Hey Afia, Ben had to leave because Muffy called and said she needed help with something for the wedding." He said nonchalantly.

Frowning I looked down at my phone and saw that there were no messages from Ben stating that he was not going to be coming, that was nothing like Ben he would always text me or call me when he was not going to be showing up.

"Really he did not text me that he was not going to be showing up." I said putting my head into my hand and checking my phone again.

He stared at me for a moment and a look of pity crossed his face and my suspicion had grown even higher. It wasn't just about what had happened this morning but I noticed was when I started coming over and she would be there the looks they gave each other was the looks of someone keeping a secret. Or whenever I would catch them talking privately they would quickly drop it and tried to make me seem crazy.

"Ryan tell me what is really going on." I said frowning.

"I told you he had to leave to help Muffy-" He started but I cut him off,

"I know what you said now tell me the truth."

"Ok, but that's his first love Afia, I just want you to know that." Ryan said not meeting my stare.

"Is he fucking her?" I said blatantly causing people to stare.

Ryan eyes flicked around the room and back to mine and slowly nodded.

My heart was slowly broke but I did not- no I refused to let them or him see me cry, "Who all knew?" I said through clenched teeth.

"Af-"

"TELL ME DAMNIT!" I yelled causing people to whisper and openly stare.

"Afia people are-"

"Does it look like I give a fuck?!," I said not caring about my accent coming out of hiding to be frank I was tired of hiding who I truly was for this fake ass school, "Huh, Ryan does it or do I look like I am stupid which one, now tell me damnit!" I yelled standing up.

"The football team and the girlfriends." He said looking at the desk.

"Look me in the eyes Ryan," I said waiting for him to look at me and when he did I continued, "Did Ashley know?"

"No, we didn't want to tell her because we knew she would tell you." He whispered.

"We didn't want-" I let out underneath my breath mimicking the first words he said, "So you guys were having meetings and shit." I said clenching my fist.

"I am so-"

I grabbed my bag and said, "Fuck you and your sorry because you knew and you let me sit there and look pathetic, some way to treat a girl that you are falling in love with." I left the library and walked to my locker and grabbed my things.

Everything raced through my mind, the day he said he wanted me to be his fake girlfriend, when we were in the gym, the car, the football field.

'I can't stop thinking about you.', 'That's his first love Afia.', 'You know he introduced Muffy to us a few days after they started dating.', 'you didn't tell us she was black' 'I don't know...'

I felt like a fucking joke, how dare I thought I could be with this guy really the only person he wants to be with was the girl that was fucking her fiancé's brother. I opened my eyes and slammed my locker shut making the girls next to me jump. I was storming towards the school parking lot when I ran into Donte.

"Hey Fia."

I just kept walking.

"What's wrong?"

When he said that it made me stop right in my tracks and I turned around,

"You knew." I said through clenched teeth.

"What are you talking about?" He said confused.

I stormed up to him, "Oh really, well let me ring a few bells for you, you let me look like a fucking idiot in front of this whole school and you laughed with me knowing what he was doing, so tell me Donte do you know what I am talking about now?"

"Afia I am so-"

"No I don't want your fucking sorry because the only thing you're sorry about is getting caught in the act because if I would have never found out you still would've laughed," I said letting a tear fall, "You're going to have a good laugh about this now but for the record I genuinely thought we were friends, I guess made a mistake because I am not good enough to be friends with you guys, right, well that's fine I am done, I am done pretending and I am damn sure through with all of you." I said wiping the tears away.

I turned around and walked to the school parking lot and pulled out and headed home.