Chapter 7: Gideon Rises (Part 2)

Zacznij od początku

"Guys, that's enough. If Stan won't get our home back from Gideon, then we'll have to do it ourselves," Dipper insisted.

"Gideon may have the upper hand, but we have something he doesn't. The journal!" Dipper announced as he pulled it out of his vest.

I liked seeing Dipper being so enthusiastic and persistent. I would never tell him this, being only friends, but it was very attractive.

"Any ideas?" I asked hopefully.

"Well, the bus to take us out of Gravity Falls comes at sundown, so we gotta act fast. If we wanna stay in town we've got to get Gideon to hand over that deed."

"Don't forget about the fence and Gideon's guards," I added.

"Right. What can we use to defeat Gideon?" Dipper thought aloud, opening his journal.

We flipped through the pages, exploring potential ways to defeat Gideon. As we continued to flip through Mabel took notice in one page in particular.

"Whoa, what's this?" she asked curiously.

The journal entry spanned two pages. Both were worn and dirty like the rest of the pages but this one was especially eye-catching. The pages were covered in symbols and maze-like patterns. It looked as thought the pages were part of a larger puzzle.

"I stared at this page for hours. It seems like a blueprint to build some kind of strange futuristic super-weapon-"

"BORING!" Mabel yelled, interrupting Dipper. "To defeat those guards, we need some kind of army."

Suddenly, I had an idea. I took the book out of Dipper's hands and rapidly flipped through the journal until I landed on the gnome page. I turned the book around to face them. "How's this for an army? The gnomes!"

"Uhh..." Mabel nervously tugged on her sweater collar.

"Don't even worry about it, Mabel. It's not gonna be a repeat of last time," I assured. "Jeff's not that dumb. I don't think." I added, recalling my first day in Gravity Falls when Dipper and I saved Mabel from the gnomes.

"Okay," Dipper announced. "As soon as we're all up tomorrow, we'll go into the forest and gather the gnomes."

"Fine, but if Jeff tries anything, I wont hesitate to use my grapping hook on him," Mabel smiled, holding up her weapon.

"I would expect nothing less," I agreed.

Shortly after, the three of us went to bed. It was getting late and we wanted to be well rested for our fight with Gideon the next day. Like usual, Mabel fell asleep first. Like me, Dipper unintentionally stayed up thinking some nights. I think this was one of them.

Answering my suspicions, I heard Dipper whisper, "Y/n?"

"Yeah?" I whispered back.

"How'd your phone call go?"

"No better than your talk with Stan," I replied.

"What did your parents say?"

"My mom just said that she 'couldn't explain' it and I'd 'understand eventually'. Whatever that means."

He climbed off the pull-out couch and sat down on the floor beside me. I sat up so I could see him better in the dark room.

"I'm sorry things are so complicated with Gideon, your mom and-" he stopped himself. I knew he was going to say Bill.

"You can say his name, you know."

"Sorry. I just didn't want to upset you."

"I don't get upset that easily. I don't need you to shield me from my problems."