15 - Love is Like a Light

It was beautiful. How the lanterns danced, their light illuminating against colorful paper. The clap of shoes hitting the brick and stone roads. Konoha had become a land of light. The stars couldn't shine because of it. Land outshining the sky of burning gods above, what a joke. Deidara had drawn so much attention the instant we set foot into town. Women flocked from all corners of the festival to see his smug little grin.

I'd lost him minutes ago. Wandering the streets by myself. I tried a couple of games here and there. Some little snacks for the road. Even a couple of stray ninjas still searching for a girl would come by and hit on me. I came here for fresh air and to maybe be human for once. And my possibly only friend had left me for a house of women.

I sat at an open ramen joint. Drinking my cares away. Before I even got to my second glass of alcohol  someone sat beside me.

"Who knew we'd see you here." He leaned over the table sitting down. The ramen house owner handed him a glass of alcohol as well.

"Well I should have guessed I'd see you here Kakashi." I chuckled and turned to look at him. " I'm human too. I can have fun."

I had met Kakashi when I first arrived here. I had accidently set one of my projects aflame and Kakashi was sent to detain me. I was in jail for two months for setting fire to a small shed and burning a small portion of someone's crop. I got to know Kakashi in that short time.

"Yes but your idea of fun, and my idea of fun are two different things." He looked like he was smiling.

"Yeah, guess I just thought I'd try to be sociable and normal for once." I sipped at my drink.

"If you ever need any help you can just call me." He slid his drink over to me. " Don't drink to much kiddo." With those words he walked away leaving me alone yet again. The sounds of happy couples and drunk jolly friends surrounded me. I downed the rest of Kakashi's drink earning a red glow on my face.

This is what I would want my life to be like. Happy and full of love. I sighed happily. Sipping away at my drink. Pushing all of my worries in the back of my head. It was such a warm environment. I remember the paper fish that the children had made to decorate the stalls. Kites flew in the air along with the songs. A harmony was there. Between the bright glowing colors and beating hearts of lovers now long lost. Like a song written on a piano. The happy days of family and good food. Nothing cold except the chill of the night against our backs.

I paid and left a tip for the cook, leaving to find some fun. A balloon floated past me, with children chasing it. They laughed, and tripped. All this feeling of togetherness, and yet I was alone. Surely not the only one alone. Right? My intoxicated form moved with the flow of the crowd into a plain of late summer grass. Walking on a hill. The fireworks would start soon, and everyone was scrambling to find a good seat.

Plopping in the grass, I lay down waiting for the symphony of explosions to be painted before me. The sounds were comforting. All signals of happy life.

"Hey. I found you. Un." I opened my eyes to find Deidara looking down at me. No longer in his disguise. "I shook them off, by getting rid of the jutsu." He sat down beside me on the grass.

"I told you it was a bad idea." I smiled, finding myself not alone anymore. He sat there just gazing down at me. "What are you looking at Blondie?"

"I was scared that I had lost you." He spoke in a more quiet tone.

"It's only a festival, besides you found me didn't you?" I propped my head up with my arms.

"Un. But it's not just that." there was a pause between his words. "I ... when the explosion happened I thought I had killed you. And I was scared then, but I regret it even more now. As time goes on more and more I find myself regretting what I did." His blonde hair sifted with the breeze. People in the distance were becoming louder.

"Hey. Dei I've already told you a million times that it's ok. You couldn't have known I was coming down there." After I spoke I felt a rush of wind, and the next thing I knew Deidara was pinning me to the ground.

The fireworks had started.

"That doesn't change how I feel." He gazed into my eyes. His hair creating a curtain around me. I looked up at him, and saw his left eye. Covered by metal. His eyes twinkled with emotion, and his hair was illuminated with each burst of light. The crackle of fireworks now distant in my mind.

His kimono was slightly askew, and the light glowed against his exposed skin. My breathing was slight.

"(F/N)" He spoke in a tender tone.

"Yes." I whispered.

"I ... I should." He started to move away, but I wouldn't take that for an answer. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him down on me further. Mere centimeters away from each other.

"Don't go chicken now, Blondie." With those words our lips connected moving with smooth nods of our heads. We moved in harmony like a long lost symphony to the explosions above us. With a part for air, I opened my eyes to see someone different. He wasn't just Deidara to me anymore. It went against anything I ever held to me, but I felt it was too late now.

"Don't worry Blondie. I feel the same. And it ain't ever changing."

Oliver here~ and Woooooooooooooooooodoggy. Finally some action amiright? lol I'm not too good at romance stuff, but this is good practice. Finally gettin' in the right mood with this story. Hope you all are too because it's about to get a lot more juicy. Maybe not lemon juicy, but you will definitely know my story style and preference after this book is over. 

I hope you all like the story buildup because now I'm getting into the meat of the meal. 

And one more thing. I really love it when I read a book and it paints a picture of the scenery, so that's what I try my best to do hope you all have a  wonderful day.