6 - Dreams Are a Reality

It's so dark.

Buildings engulfed me. The cold chill of heartless steel and stone sinking deep into my skin. The tight grip of leather straps dug into the joints of my wrists and ankles. Leaving no room for comfort or escape. The distant sounds of piano echoing through the halls. Surely I was going insane. There was no one there to play piano. Such a solemn and lonely tune.

Why am I here?

Yet the tune was familiar. I remember it from my time as a child. . . That's right. I would always play piano. Whenever he let me. Whenever he didn't need me.

Why can't I remember?

If the piano is such a fond memory. Then why do I feel this anxiety? Why is it so cold and heartless in this death like chamber?

Wait.

This piano is no fond memory at all. It was just to pass the time before the next torture session. The next experiment. Hah. Or the next step to perfection as he would say.

Countless hours, spent being examined, poked, and shoved by the cold pale clammy hands of that monster. His snake like smile that emitted a ferocious cackle every time I quivered in fear. I lay atop a blood stained table. The familiar smell of chemicals filled my damaged nose. These fumes must be effecting my brain. I can still hear the sad echoing of piano keys.

The better question is...

That piano was no simple pass time for fun. That piano helped me keep whatever little shred of sanity I had left. The cracked and yellowed keys that would press down with a jagged thump. All of the morose songs I birthed from my scarred beaten fingers kept my mind off of the pain. It helped my mind not to stray away. I wanted to leave with such a deep yearning. But I was always rooted to that hell.

Why can't I forget?

HAUHAuaHAUFhaUAHFuAHuahUAhUAhUAhauHAuuHAUahUAHuaHHAUAhauHauHAUahHAUHAuaHAUFhaUAHFuAHuahUAhUAhUAhauHAuuHAUahUAHuaHHAUAhauHauHAUahHAUHAuaHAUFhaUAHFuAHuahUAhUAhUAhauHAuuHAUahUAHuaHHAUAhauHauHAUahHAUHAuaHAUFhaUAHFuAHuahUAhUAhUAhauHAuuHAUahUAHuaHHAUAhauHauHAUah . . .

Oliver here~ Sorry it's so short, but the next one will be longer for sure. I've been working on a One-shot for a friend in my book called Oliver's Wish, if you wanna check it out it's NaruSasu. I really hope your enjoying the story, and thanks for reading it.