10 - Melody

I was back in the old shabby Akatsuki living room. Sitting on their beat up green couch, my arms crossed as I wait for Deidara to arrive. It seemed as though all the other members were purposely trying to avoid me or they were all busy. Seconds of silence later the floor warped into the shape of a man, and I watched Deidara tumble out of his, um 'transportation'.

"Ugh, Zetsu man I really don't wanna do that again on the way back. Un." Deidara gave a look of disgust as he gained his footing. He joined me and stood by the couch, arms crossed.

"So should we get to work?" I looked up to Deidara while standing up.

"Not yet. Your lab is still not ready, but Deidara can show you to your room." After Zetsu said a few horse words he left down a hall to the left. Deidara sighed and dropped his arms in exhaustion.

"Well let's get going. Un." He shuffled down a dark hall to the right, illuminated with a single light bulb. Five doors down on the left side of the hall stood my room, and Deidara held out a skeleton key to me.

"Here's your key for now. Un. Your room doesn't have much in it, but you're lucky it has anything at all." He snickered at me while pushing the heavy creaky door open for me. It's not like I expected much, but the room was pretty gosh dang empty. It smelled of musk, and the empty space echoed with every clipping step. There was an old cot, and an open closet with five wire hangers. The walls were a chipped baby blue, with a concrete floor. It was cold. I shivered standing in the middle of the room.

"Here you have a bathroom, and believe it or not my room is right behind this wall. Un." He knocked on the wall furthest from the door. "You'll have to go down the other hall to get to my room, but if you're being loud I'll yell at you to shut up. Un." He pointed at me with those words.

"If anything I'll hear explosions from your room Blondie." Laughing I fell on the cot. It was more comfy than the gurney back at the laboratory, but it squeaked roughly every time I even made the slightest of moves. Deidara scoffed and turned to leave the room.

"Whatever. Un. Get some rest for now cuz when the lab is all put together I'm waking you up, and we're gunna work for a while." He closed the door behind himself, and left me in my empty cavern. It had no windows so it didn't even feel like midday. There wasn't much left to do, so all I did was lay in bed. Staring at the cracked ceiling with drooping eyes, sleep was crawling in me. I closed my eyes, and fell in a slumber.

About an hour later I stirred at the noise of muffled music. It was coming from Deidara's room. He must really love music for some reason. It was a nice classic rock song, but I really wanted some more rest. I slammed the wall with my fists, and strained a yell.

"Yo Blondie Could ya be a sweetheart and turn off your tunes!" All he did was turn it up loader. What is he a teenager? I dragged myself back to my bed, and landed face first in the grey comforters. Why do I have to deal with this? A minute passes before I hear someone else yell at Deidara too. They yell and pound on what seems to be his door until I hear them arguing, and a loud crash. The music is silenced, as the soft thud of feet retreat further, and further away.

Jerking up from my bed, I slowly walk to my door and out into the hall.

It was deathly quiet in the hall, but still sort of peaceful. My ears felt relief. I went back into the living room, and there was still no one to be found.

"Five doors down, left hall, right wall." I mumbled the directions more to myself than to anyone else. Making my way down the halls, I see a dim light coming from Deidara's room. The handle was broken and punched through, a hole was made through the wooden door. Light was shining through, but I couldn't see much when I peeked through it.