Christmas Day and A Ring

omg I'm really considering just lengthening out this fanfic and making it longer bc I love it so much. maybe I can not make a sequel, and make this fic continuous.

~Alex

The next morning, everyone woke up a bit late for Christmas Day. Everyone wore tee shirts and tank tops so they could put their Christmas jumper over it. Harry and Ron groggily walked down stairs, and greeted everyone in the living room.

"Merry Christmas." They said tiredly. Everyone was a bit sleepy from staying up so late. Molly started to place presents at everyone.

"Come on, open them up." She said happily. Everyone gladly opened their Christmas presents.

Everyone got their own custom made Weasley jumper from Molly, and everyone got sweets from Ron. Harry got some books, including one that was called 'Starting Out in the Wizarding World,' which seemed to be about getting jobs and starting businesses. Once everyone was done opening presents, Harry started to clean up the mess.

"Harry. You forgot a present." Molly told him. Harry looked around.

"Are you sure?" He asked. Molly nodded. Just then, Draco walked out of the floo. Harry was so happy to see him.

He walked over, and gave Draco a big kiss and hug.

"There's your last present." Molly said smugly. The night before, when everyone was saying their goodbyes, Draco tried to give Molly something so she could give it to Harry. But she told him he could bring it in himself in the morning.

"What are you doing here? Not that I'm not happy." Harry giggled. Molly herded everyone out of the room so they could have some privacy.

Draco handed Harry a black leather box. "It's my Christmas present to you." Draco told him. Harry opened it, and gaped. Inside was a simple silver band. Harry pulled it out, and noticed some writing on the inside. It said, 'Death is but the next obstacle,' in intricate engraving.

"Don't get me wrong. This is not an engagement ring nor a wedding band. It's a promise ring. A promise that we stay together, and we fight together, and we love together. Because I do not plan on letting you go." Draco told him. Harry had tears in his eyes, but they didn't shed. Harry put the ring on his left ring finger, and embraced Draco.

"I love it. I love you." He said. Draco gave him a long passionate kiss.

"I love you, too." Draco repeated back. "I need to head back. My mother is about to wake any moment, and she doesn't now I left." Draco told him. He kissed Harry once again, and flooed out of the house.

Harry walked into the kitchen, where everyone else was. When he opened the door, George and Ginny came tumbling on the ground at Harry's feet. They had their ears to the door. It looks like they were listening onto their conversation. Harry stood there and tapped his feet while crossing his arms.

"Spying on me, are you." Harry stated. George and Ginny laughed awkwardly, and got up.

"In our defense, we couldn't make out what you were saying." Ginny told him as she walked to her place in the table. George leaned into Harry's ear.

"I heard everything." He teased Harry. He blushed, and started to push George to his seat.

"Sit down, will ya." Molly told everyone. She placed the plates of food in the middle of the table, and everyone helped themselves.

As everyone was eating, Ron looked at Harry's left hand, which had reached over to get the salt.

"What's that?" Ron asked. "Is that a ring?" Harry casually nodded his head. Molly looked at his hand.

"Don't tell me he asked you to marry him?" Molly gasped. "You are way too young." Harry laughed.

"It's not a engagement ring, don't worry. It's just a promise ring." Harry told her. He was amused at her reaction.

"A promise of what?" George asked rising his brow. Harry blushed.

"To make death the next obstacle in our relationship." Harry said simply. Ginny shook her head.

"So it's a long term engagement ring?" She clarified. Arthur choked on his water when she said that.

"A what?" He asked incredulously. Harry chuckled.

"Seriously, it's not anything like that. It's just a promise ring. Nothing more and nothing less." Harry clarified. Although Harry still heard Ginny say 'Sounds like an engagement ring,' underneath her breathe.

No one said anymore about the matter, and continued to eat.

Once breakfast was done, Hermione came over, and Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny all went outside to play a couple games of Quidditch. Molly, Arthur, and George just watched in the shade.

"Have you made your mind up on Draco, yet?" George asked the two.

"I think Draco is an okay boy. I just need to get to know him better is all." Arthur answered. Molly sighed.

"I still don't know what to think of him." Was Molly's answer. George shook his head.

"You need to figure out soon, because I can tell he's stressed. He wants to know how you feel. I can tell when he has something on his mind, and he's been thinking very hard since the moment we went over to the Malfoy's. You can't let him worry for long." George told them.

hey sorry this chapter is very short. I just didn't know what to put in it. so the next one is gonna have a little dance thing. it's gonna be great.

~Alex