Chapter Three - Tears of Frustration

Start bij het begin

He chuckled, clearly not believing me, and stood in front of me. He placed his index under my chin and raised my face then looked me in the eye. "What are you crying about?" he asked me softly.

"It's nothing. Those are just tears of frustration."

He released his finger from under my chin. "What are you frustrated about?" He asked me.

"I'm frustrated because I have to work tomorrow so I can't take my kids to the amusement park and I know how much they want to go."

"Can't you take the day off?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "I tried, but the manager wouldn't let me. He said that it's a busy day tomorrow." I told him with a sad sigh and he just nodded. I wiped the imaginary dust on my jeans. "Anyways, I have to get back to work." I told him. "I'm sorry I bothered you with my problems."

He shook his head with a small smile."Not at all" I nodded and walked away.

I entered the restaurant and started my job feeling a little bit better. I guess talking to Julian helped. It was weird that I didn't feel uncomfortable with him. In fact I felt at ease. I didn't even have time to think about where he came from as I got busy with work.

#

"Do you have work tomorrow sweet cheeks?" Leo asked me as I undid the apron from around my waist.

"Yes." I told him sadly as I placed the apron the counter.

"Rosie, may I speak with you for a moment before you leave?" I heard Frank say from behind me.

"Duty calls." I told Leo before walking towards Frank.

"Is something wrong?" I asked Frank once I approached him.

"I just wanted to tell you that you can have tomorrow off." He clearly wasn't happy about his decision, but k couldn't care any less.

I looked at him with wide eyes then a smile quickly made its way to my face. "Thank you." I beamed at him. He nodded firmly and walked away.

I walked towards Leo; the smile not leaving my face. "I have the day off tomorrow." I told him happily.

"I heard." He said as he smiled at me. "Go home to your kids." He told me; shooing me away.

"Bye." I yelled over my shoulder as I walked out.

I walked over to the bus stop and sat at the usual bench as I waited for the bus to arrive. Due to my happiness, I hadn't noticed that I was late and the bus was already gone. "Shit." I cursed under my breath. Now I have to pay extra and take a taxi. Standing up from my seat, I stood by the side of the road as I waited for a taxi to pass by, but not a single one did. Great! Just my luck I thought to myself.

"Do you need a ride?"

I turned around startled, but relaxed once I saw who it was. "You scared me." I told Julian and he just chuckled. "Don't you have work or something?" I asked him. "I feel like you're stalking me. This is getting creepy."

Julian tilted his head back and laughed heartily. "I'm not stalking you, Rosie. I just want to talk to you and I'm getting desperate here." He admitted once he sobered up. I didn't reply and just looked down at the ground. "How about that ride?" I looked up at him with uncertainty swirling in my eyes. "I don't bite." He told me jokingly.

I contemplated the idea in my mind. It had been five minutes with no luck of finding a taxi, it was getting late and I needed to get home to my kids. "Okay." I told him. He smiled at me then led me to his car. I settled myself inside then gave him my address.

"I have the day off tomorrow." I told him; trying to break the uncomfortable silence that had settled upon us.

"That's great." He told me as he turned sideways with a grin on his face.

I studied him for a moment before asking my next question. "Did you have anything to do with it?"

"What? No. Why would you think that?" He asked me.

"Well, I was just thinking how Frank never has a change of heart." Julian didn't say anything. I concluded that he was either a very good liar or he really didn't have anything to do with it. Either way, I was happy that I was going to be able to spend the day with my kids tomorrow.

It was silent for a while before I asked something that was running through my mind. "Julian?"

"Yes?" He looked at me sideways, the smile never leaving his face.

"What did you mean when you told me the other day that I had no idea how long you've waited for this moment?"

Julian was silent for a while as he kept driving. Soon, I noticed that we had arrived at my house and Julian had parked the car on the side of the road. I figured I wasn't going to get a response so I just thanked him and was about to open the door to get out when he placed his hand on mine; stopping me. I turned my face sideways to look at him.

"Don't you want an answer?"

**********
Remember to vote, share, comment, recommend, add 'Divine Will' to your reading list, and follow. :)