Chapter 11: Like Father, Like Daughter

Edited On: 5/15/2021

So the timeline right now, is that this is based around the time of Episode 4: Drop Zone

I looked up at the dusk-filled sky, happy the sun was down. I still haven't gotten used to the brightness of the shining star that fills the sky, but I was getting better anyway.

I was walking home, not in my assassin outfit. I was actually wearing blue jeans and a black hoodie with a yellow bat on the front. My sneakers made soft sounds on the pavement while I strode with confidence, no matter how much the light in front of me was darkening until it was nighttime.

This was my domain.

I was walking back toward the motel I was staying at for this weekend before I knew I had to move soon.

Always have to move. Hide from Deathstroke.

But I heard something shuffling in the alleyway in front of me. I paused at the opening. As I stared at the scene in front of me with a small tilt of my head.

A woman was being held against the stone wall. Two men were holding her wrists against the wall and were licking her neck while she tried to shed away from them. One of the men had their other hand holding her mouth closed as tears ran down her face.

There was another man too. He was watching with this predatory gleam in his eye as he slowly started to walk toward the woman who was struggling more to get away.

The man who was approaching the woman seemed to be the leader, he slowly reached toward her blouse and undid the three buttons that were there even as she whimpered, afraid.

Where was father?

But I knew where he was, there was a bank robbery by the Joker happening. Meaning that was the foremost on his mind, not the street crime like this.

What will I do?

I had two real options: walk away or stop this. And I wasn't the daughter of Batman and sister of Robin if I walked away.

With that in mind, I let out a sharp, angry whistle and immediately caught the attention of the three men and the woman whose eyes instantly widened in fear for my safety.

After all, they did see a ten-year-old. Even if I was glaring at them dangerously.

The leader laughed looking slightly startled before his predatory grin widen and his eyes had this lustfulness in them, "Would you look at that boys, seems someone else wants to join in the action," he said his voice low and his eyes narrowed a little even though I glared harder at them, though the two henchmen looked reluctant--almost sick even.

"I will give you 5 seconds to step away from the girl before I beat the shit out of you," I spoke dangerously and earned a sharp laugh from the leader and two uneasy looks from the two henchmen.

"What are you going to do little girl, call the cops?" the man taunted, even bending down a little to make eye contact with my ice-cold green eyes. If he was startled by them he didn't show.

The woman was shaking against the wall as I stared at the man with blank eyes, "One," I commented, taking one step inside the alley and looked around with bored eyes but instantly spotted a long pipe that was gleaming innocently three steps in front of me.

The leader laughed again, "Do you hear this, boys?" he taunted again.

"Two." I took another step inside and moved closer toward the pipe.

"We got a big girl it seems, boys. One who doesn't know the rules of the streets," The man told his henchman with arrogance steaming off him.

"Three," I said and bent down to pick up the pipe. And stared at it, making myself familiar with the weight.

Two uneasy glances from the man who were still holding the woman with tears streaming down her face. The leader was just watching with amusement and arrogance even though I now have a deadly weapon at my disposal.

"Four," I commented and gave the long pipe an expert twirl before shifting myself into a fight stance, my feet a little bit wider as I held one end of the pipe in front of me. My body only slightly tense as my eyes were cold and focused on all of my surroundings.

"Still going to do this girl. I'll give you one more chance to move along." The leader said, finally pulling out something silver from his pocket- a revolver. It was pointed at me.

I stared at the gun, making my face go blank, and ignored the way the woman was giving me a wide-eyed look asking me to take the offer the man just said.

I gave them a chance.

"Five," I said simply before immediately bringing the pipe down on one of the two henchmen's stomachs. Making him double-over in pain where I shoved my knee into the face, instantly knowing the man out.

I turned and immediately rolled out of the way of the punch that was aimed at my head by the other henchman who suddenly seemed a little pale and reluctant.

I was crouched before a gunshot rang through the alleyway.

Almost instantly everything slowed down for me, the way the woman's eyes widened. How the awake henchman looked sick, and the gleam in the leader's eyes as he pulled the trigger.

Then I saw the bullet slowly rotating in the air and knew what I needed to do. Moving with grace, I whirled my pipe along and heard a distant clang ring through the alleyway.

Then I heard metal falling to the ground. The bullet bouncing harmlessly on the ground smashed up, and a little blackened from being used.

The pipe itself had this mark on it from where the bullet and pipe made contact, but I didn't pay too much attention as I instantly used the pole to vault myself into the air and kick the leader in the face which was in pure shock.

I landed smoothly and turned, ready for more of a fight before the last gang member put his hands up into the air and knelt down onto the ground.

His hands were in the air and his face downcast, ready to give up. I looked around bored and let the pipe fall out of my hands, "Better call 911. Don't do anything idiot," I said and flicked my hood up to cover my face before walking out of the alleyway, my hands stuffed in my pant pockets as if nothing happened.

I walked five blocks before I could start to hear the sirens and after another block saw a police car speed past me.

With that in mind, I broke into a run to get away from the scene faster, I even went up another set of ladders and started to run across the roof.

Loving how I felt the wind hit my face and for once, felt free.

Like father, like daughter.