It Was Nice Seeing You Again

Start from the beginning

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Noah," she says "but he wanted to make sure you wanted to see him."

"In a few minutes," I tell her and she nods before walking out.

"Thank you for coming Mr. Stone," I extend my hand out for him to shake and he gives me a strange look before doing so.

"Call me Elliot," he says and I give him a tight smile.

"It was nice seeing you again," I go and open my office door.

"You too Abrelle," he nods as we walk out of my office together. Immediately I spot Noah standing by my secretaries desk.

He frowns as soon as he spots us, but I quickly make my way towards him.

"Noah," Elliot waves also making his way towards him. "Nice to see you after so long."

"Almost three years," Noah says his expression serious. "I heard you're getting married."

"I am," Elliot fixes his sleeves.

"Well, I hope you're able to find a way around the contract," I tell Elliot. "I'm sorry I wasn't much help."

"Like I said before, nice seeing you both again," Elliot says before turning around and walking away.

***

"So he was here for a contract?" Noah asks as he takes a seat in front of my desk.

"Yes," I nod. "It was for a contract to end the Fight for Hunger campaign."

"You didn't sign it, did you?" He gives me a bewildered look and I shake my head.

"Of course not," I scoff. "I know what it's like to suffer true hunger. I would never end that campaign."

"So, are we still fighting?" He takes a hold of my hand and I exhale as I make my way toward him.

"Are you still going to act like a jealous teenager?" I glare at him as I take a seat on the edge of the desk directly in front of him. 

"I promise to control my jealousy," he shakes his head. "I just can't help it when it comes to him. Him, his name, everything just riles me up. I'm sorry Elle."

"I know," I nod giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. "if it was the other way around, I'd also be a jealous teenager." 

I would be. I mean he saw our entire relationship from beginning to end and it wasn't like we broke up. He left and I was completely heartbroken. 

He saw me heartbroken. I can understand why this would be difficult for him. 

"Really?" He laughs and I nod a small smile on my face. 

"Absolutely," I say. "But I need you to trust me, Noah, to trust that I will always be honest with you. Especially when it relates to Stone." 

"Okay," he nods as he pulls me towards him and I lean in taking a seat on his lap. "I trust you, Elle." 

"I love hearing that," I grin and he grins back. 

"Hearing me say that I trust you," he chuckles.

"That too," I smile "But hearing you call me Elle". 

"Elle," he smiles. "You have said that to me a few times, how you love it."

"I do," I nod. "It's my weakness with you."

"So we're good?" He asks and I nod.

"We're amazing," I grin.

***

"You told him you wouldn't sign it," My mother growls as she storms into the conference room where I'm currently talking with Noah about finances.

"She's going to destroy this company," Stephan storms in behind her and I roll my eyes.

"Elizabeth and Stephan," I say. "How rude of you to interrupt us."

"Why did you not sign the contract?" She exclaims and Stephan closes the door behind them.

"I don't have to explain myself to you," I smirk. "This is my company and what I do is my business."

"Do not talk to your mother like that," Stephan shakes his head.

"Are you two done?" I chuckle. "I'd like to get back to talking about something that actually matters."

"This does matter," my mother frowns. "Do you have any idea how much money we'd save if we end the Fight for Hunger campaign?"

"Yes," I nod. "I looked into it. I have a plan on how to make up for that money."

"This is why you killed your father," my mother shouts and it's as if she just sucked all the air out of me. "You've always been reckless and selfish."

"Get out," I say in an angry whisper.

"What?" She asks and I look directly at her my entire body filled with fury.

"You should leave Ms. Louise," Noah says taking a hold of my hand. "Both of you should."

"Do not speak to me," Stephan growls. "You're no one here. So please-"

"Get the hell out," I exclaim. "You're both no longer in charge of anything! If it weren't for my patience and kindness you'd both be fired and living in the streets! So get the hell out!"

"Abrelle," my mother exclaims.

"Do you want me to kick you out Elizabeth?" I go and throw the door open. "Or will you walk out on your own?"

"Abrelle," Stephan begins, but I glare at him and he stops. With disgusted expressions on their faces, they both walk out of the room and I close the door behind them.

I can feel my breathing begin to speed up and my heart begins to race.

Breathe Abrelle.

"Elle," Noah goes towards me quickly enveloping me in a hug. "Are you okay?"

"No," I wrap my arms around his neck. "My entire family is always to blame me for his death."

"It's okay," he says, placing a soft kiss at me top of my head. "You're okay."

I place my head in the crook of his neck and as he runs his hand softly through my hair.

***

"We are all done for today," I grin as I grab my bag and make my way out my office door with Noah following behind.

"Thank God," he says closing the door behind us. "I'm ready to take a nice shower and sleep."

"So am I," I take a hold of his hand and we interlock fingers. "But I'd like to eat some nice dinner first if you don't mind?"

"Of course not," he smiles pulling me closer and I lean at the side of his arm as we make our way out of the company.

"Goodnight Ms. Abrelle," my secretary says.

"Goodnight," I wave.

"Mommy," I hear a voice yell and I immediately recognize it.

"Nat," I yell back as she comes running down the hall her curly pigtails swinging back and forth.

"Nat," another voice yells and a few seconds later a familiar male figure appears.

"Elliot?" I ask as I pick up Nat and she wraps her arms around my neck.

"Is this your daughter?" he asks.

A/N: I am so so so so sorry for the extremely long wait. I've been focused on so many other things that I left this book for a while, but I'm back. I promise to try my best to update and as often as possible.

QOTC: what do you think Elliot will say now that he knows about Nat?

Comment & Vote

Love, Pam