2

Komaeda

"Do I really have to go?" I complained.

"I just want to stay home, I really don't want to go."

I looked up to see my father's already angry face.

"Of course you have to go! Now you're 16 you have to see your future kingdom!"

I remained silent.

I knew I couldn't argue with him.

"Okay." I muttered before looking down at the ground.

"Okay what?"

"Okay father."

Then I walked out of the throne room.

Without thinking I ran up the stairs to my room, and slammed the door shut.

Sixteen years of this damn life I was inside! Not knowing what happened about the country at all! And now I need to go with father to the festival?! I don't think so.

He never told me what was going on. I could never go outside the gates. Only on our territory I could walk freely, but even then I was being watched by guards.

I really hate this life as a Royalty. It's boring. I always have to do what father says, always need to do my tasks on becoming a king. Ya know, being king isn't that fun.

I sometimes overheard chatting my father made with some guards or other Royalty.

A couple weeks ago I overheard a talk about a Killer. The first one who made so many killings and wasn't even found after it.

As a future king I learned a lot about the people. About the Royalty and the Others. Of course they bored me a little. Only one kind grabbed my attention: the Killers and the Assassins.

It really was exiting to have a life like that. Always on the run. You could travel to a zillion places!

I on the other side has to stay in this boring palace. Sigh.

I let myself fall onto my bed and stared to the ceiling, what was painted as a sky.

There weren't windows in my room, only some with bars behind them, so I couldn't see anything of the sky at night. But I guess the bars were there to imprison me into my room.

This place was like a jail. I can't go anywhere, always being watched.

I really want a normal life like the Others. I want to be someone to help people, to be useful for once.

👑

"Mister?" There were knocks on my door.

"Yes?" I answered.

I looked up to see my personal maid walk in. I really like her, she is like the only one in this castle treating me like a normal human being.

"Hey Aoi." I greeted.

She always called me mister if someone could hear us, but if we were almost alone she called me by my name. What was a really nice thing to hear. I never heard my name from others, only from father.

"How you doing Komaeda?" She asked and sat down my bed.

"It could be better." I chuckled.

"I already washed your clothes, if you want them they're over there." She pointed to a chair where the tux was laying.