Chapter 13

I was awake but my eyes wouldn't dare open, fearing that I would not know where I currently was. I could feel my bare legs against soft sheets. I really hoped that I wasn't naked in some strangers bed. I squinted my eyes open as the sun's rays shine through the many windows. I peeked under the covers to become aware that I was indeed not wearing any pants, but a large, oversized t-shirt. I slowly sat up.

Over a pounding headache, I could hear voices in the distance. I recognised them in an instant, Stiles, and Cora, Derek's little sister. As I looked around at my surroundings this all started to make sense. I was currently laying in Derek's bed and from the smell of the shirt I was wearing, it smelt just like him. I threw off the sheets and swung my bare legs over the side of the bed. The quick movements sending sharp pains throughout my muscles and giving me an even worse migraine than before. I placed a tentative hand to the side of my head, feeling wet hair. Why on earth is my hair wet? Then I remembered the plan. The stupid, idiotic plan that Boyd, Isaac and myself set up to save Derek. I couldn't remember a thing from yesterday other than the three of us setting up Derek's loft by flooding the place and putting in live wires to kill anyone who dares step foot into the loft.

I slowly sat up from my position on the bed. Is this why my hair is wet? Did I somehow get it wet during Derek's big alpha fight? My hair is absolutely drenched as if I had stuck my head underneath a pouring stream or dunked it into a body of water. None of this made sense to me and knowing that I have lost time, I probably will never know. I rounded the corner and saw Stiles and Cora sitting at the "command centre" talking about Derek being on some sort of getaway.

"Why do you care?"

"Why do I care? Let's see... because over the last few weeks, my best friend's tried to kill himself. His boss nearly got ritually sacrificed. Boyd was killed by alphas. Don't get me started on the whole Serena thing...do you want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, all right? For, like, an hour."

"Boyd's dead?" was the first thing that came out of my mouth. I couldn't remember everything that happened that night but in my heart I knew. They all turned to look at me, Stiles completely shocked, also looking quite guilty as if he just blurted out secrets that weren't supposed to be told. Which is exactly what he did. "And what did you mean when you said 'the Serena thing' what is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

They all looked between them like they shared a secret I wasn't a part of, "You weren't supposed to hear that."

Sucking in a deep breath, trying to contain my emotions, I harshly replied with, "Yeah I gathered that. Now tell me what you meant."

"I...uh...um..."

"Fine. At least tell me what happened with Boyd. Are Isaac and Derek safe?"

"He died when the alphas attacked and Isaac and Derek are safe as far as we know," Cora filled in when Stiles couldn't.

"Why can't I remember anything. I have a whole day missing from my memory."

"You hit your head when Aiden came up behind you and slammed your head against one of the pillars," Cora lied.

"Oh. Ok, that makes sense now that I think about it. So why is Derek in hiding?"

"I don't know. There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when we knew him."

"What was he like?" I asked curiously.

"A lot like Scott," everyone jumped at the sound of Peter's voice as he came down from the stairwell and walked over towards us continuing with, "actually. A lot like most teenagers... unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers."