Chapter 6: Truth or Dare

Better late than never, right? Sorry about that! I'm about to start at university, so there will be long waits between chapters and there is nothing I can do about that. Engineering student. Enough said ;) I will be continuing, but you'll have to be patient, I'm sorry!

Disclaimer* unedited*

I was sitting on the bottom step, waiting for Adahy to appear. 'Gathering my stuff' had taken all of five minutes. I'd changed clothes so the only thing I had to put away was my dress. However, I'd realised a few things when I was 'packing'. For starters, I didn't have a toothbrush. I mean, it's not like I'll be kissing him, but having bad breath and not being able to do anything about it was kind of humiliating. Maybe if I breathe on him he will finally kill me. I honestly can't handle this tension anymore.

'The other problem,' I mentally listed to stop my brain from flitting back to images of what kissing Adahy would be like, 'is that this is my only change of clothes. Adahy didn't seem to be in a rush to do this sacrifice. If I'm to stay here for a little while, clothes and access to a shower are essential. It's a human right, surely?'

I sighed. I'd need an army of makeup artists and stylists to feel comfortable in Adahy's presence. Damn his genes. They scare my less perfect genes into submission. Although to be fair, Alana and Jim's genes would be intimidated by ANY and all other genes. Probably even those of rodents.

I turned at the sound of feet hitting the carpeted stairs. Adahy had a backpack slung over his shoulder and a drill box in his hand, which I eyed suspiciously. Adahy glanced at me. "Repairs," he muttered.

"And here I thought you'd been busy making me a coffin," I muttered under my breath. He recoiled with raised eyebrows, but said nothing more. I rolled my eyes. You'd think I would be the one with problems talking about it.

In silence, we grabbed our jackets from the coat stand and left the house. We rounded the house, passing the convertible we'd arrived in. In the sunlight, one could see it was actually a midnight blue, which sparkled as only cars do.

I went to reach for the car door, but Adahy stopped me with a grunt and a jerk of his head in the opposite direction. I raised my eyebrows, but followed him down a trail which disappeared into the tress.

Within minutes, the awkward silence had truly begun to bother me as did a feeling of anxiety. I had no idea where we were, the hairs on the back of my neck were prickling and Adahy did not offer a single word in explanation of this random walk.

'I dare you to be brave,' I challenged myself. 'Make the first move.'

"Okay, enough," I said aloud, "I am not taking another step until you explain what the hell is going on."

Adahy stopped and turned around. His eyes narrowed as he tilted his head. After a few moments spent assessing me, his lips twitched. His eyebrows furrowed and his shoulders were slightly hunched. I couldn't decide if he was annoyed, uncomfortable or impressed. Maybe a bit of all three.

When he said nothing, I gave him a pointed a look, even going as far as a slight foot stamp. "Well? Where are we going?"

"To my house."

"You mean you don't live at that other place?"

"Would you live there? Exactly."

"How far?"

"Twenty minutes," he replied, tilting his hand to indicate it wasn't quite accurate. "Can we get going?"

I glared at him as I walked past, maintaining eye contact until I had overtaken him. Good to know I was living out the rest of my life with a conversationalist.