Chapter 1

Life is truly funny, it's ironic how the first man to ever call me pretty had a knife pointed at my throat, add to that he said he wants to marry me. The knife digs deeper into my neck and I feel  my knees get weak. God I pray please don't let him hurt me. Please just let it be quick, I don't want to be chopped up into teeny tiny pieces and...."Hey, lady did you just hear me?, I said open the door." I breathe in deeply"please sir, don't do this I'll give you whatever you want here take it" I hand him my oversized purse. He snatches it roughly from my hand and slams my body harder into the wall" Didn't I just tell you to open the door do you have a hearing problem?" I swallow the lump in my throat" n-n- no sir I don't I just.....He throws my bag on the floor causing all it's contents to spill out, then he drops down and picks up the keys" here I found them now open the fucking door." I nod grabbing them from his hand. I move slowly, the knife is no longer at my throat, but his arm is tight around my neck. I open the door slowly and step on my welcome mat, this was usually my favorite part of the day. The part when I was able to relax in my home, even though it was located in a seedy bad part of Chinatown, filled with poverty, drugs, and crime it was still my home. But not anymore because finally my fears have come true I'm about to be robbed and killed.