22

The midwife had come and gone, both babies now fed and sleepy are taken back into their cribs. I feel overwhelmed with exhaustion, tear stained cheeks and extreme happiness. I am a mother, my twins are alive and healthy. 

"Kiddo, J is mad."

"What?" My mind had been so busy with the babies I completely forgot about Joker.

"He wants the babies dead, Harley. He wants you back and the babies dead."

"No, no, no, no, no!" I begin screaming, struggling against the multiple wires and tubes.

"Hey, hey kiddo!" He begins trying to comfort me.

"You're safe here, don't go getting us kicked out or the babies taken away from you!" Thoughts swarm my head but I begin to calm down. Slowly becoming more relaxed again I settle back down, blinking away tears of anger.

"Tree what are we going to do?"

"Kiddo... I'm sorry but you might not be able to keep the babies."

"I won't let him kill them!" 

"No, no. That's not what I meant. We might have to put them up for adoption..." My heart begins racing at the thought of losing both of my children to someone else. Them living with someone else, calling someone else mom. 

"Tree I can't give them up to just anyone!"

"I know, I'm sorry."

"I think I know an alternative!" I exclaim at the sudden idea.

"Ivy, poison Ivy!" I haven't talked to Ivy in so long but I'm sure she would be okay with looking after my children until I can sort out something, she has wanted her own children but her plant babies are always getting killed.

"Find her, ask her. If I have to give my babies up they are going to my best friend." Smiling to myself and looking down at my babies, I know Ivy would be an amazing mother to them when I can't be there.

"Once everything is clear with Ivy I will call J, what should I tell him?"

"Tell him he killed the babies." My heart hurts at the thought but I need to stay on Jokers good side, no one wants to mess with an angry clown of crime.

<><><><>

"Oh Harley they are gorgeous!" Ivy coos over the adorable bundles. Laying back in my hospital bed I watch as she cuddles the healthy infants.

"I know." I whisper, tears falling quickly but silently.

"You can obviously come visit them often since I am living closer to you now." Nodding I feel a lump forming in my throat. I want to keep my children but for now I need to wait for J to cool down and maybe, just maybe, lets us take the children back.

"Hey, chin up sunshine. I will take good care of them." Ivy comforts me, handing my baby girl to me. Cradling her small frame I kiss her forehead. My little angel, my precious little angel. I felt more of a connection towards my little girl than Ace. Part of me feels guilty but I can't help it. I feel a strong pull towards her, like I can't seperate myself from her or I will fade away. Maybe I will.