20

Laying dying in Trees arms Harley's head tips from side to side a strong sweat covering her.

"You can make it kiddo, you're not dying on me!"

"An ambulance is on their way, keep her awake!" Nodding a few tears slip down his cheek, Tree had developed a sibling type bond towards the crazy and fearless princess clown of crime and now he might lose her because of his impulsive boss. After what feels like a deadly amount of time an ambulance finally arrives. Medics help the nearly unconscious Harley onto a stretcher.

"I need to come with her." Tree demands, following close behind.

"Fine but you need to keep our of the way." 

<><><><>

"Where am I?" I mumble, my throat dry and my lips cracked. Unable to open my eyes.

"Shh, stay still kiddo." A hand is placed on my own and I hear a cry, an infants cry.

"Hazel?" I mumble again, desperate to sit up and see where the noise is coming from.

"No, not Hazel." Finally peeling my eyes open the bed is adjusted so I can sit up.

"It's your baby boy, he's okay."

"Where is Hazel?" I grumble desperately, I want my girl.

"Kiddo... She didn't... she's.. Harley she didn't make it." Anger rises in me, Joker killed my girl. He killed my daughter. Furious I pull needles from my arm and try to stand, Tree tries to push me back to the bed before calling for a nurse to help.

"Ma'am you need to lay down, I am sorry about your daughter but you need to stay strong for your son!" Screaming desperately I collapse back on the bed, tears streaming in mourning for the child I lost. A commotion around me continues until I feel a sharp pain in my neck and everything becomes fuzzy, feeling myself going in and out of consciousness before finally giving into the feeling.

<><><><>

"Kiddo, time to wake up now."

"Nurse.. Why isn't she waking up?!"

"Sir you need to leave the room."

"What is happening to her?! Why is the beeping slowing down?"

"Sir please leave. Doctor!"

"What is going on? I demand you tell me! NOW!"

"Sir I am going to have to remove you if you don't leave the room."

"We need to stabilise her."

"Sir!"

"Okay! But do what ever it takes to keep her safe."

"That's our job."

<><><><>

"Mr Treson?"

"Me, how is she?"

"I'm sorry, she is..."

ANNNND A CLIFFHANGER! Sorry It has taken me so long to post but it has been that time of year and I had a slice of writers block. Here is a little christmas present of reading. Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it!