13

Panting I lean against J's chest, content with life.

"I missed you puddin' so so much." I mumble kissing him lightly, a large smile spreads across his face as he twirls strands of my hair, he looks so interested by this one section of hair, pure concentration.

"What are you thinking about?" I question in a whisper.

"How are we going to have a baby? How could that possibly work?" He asks staring into my eyes, warm breath tickling my cheek.

"We can make anything work if we really try, we made us work!" I protest, I don't want him to hurt my baby.

"Anything for you, pooh." Cuddling up close I trace his tattoos until I fall asleep.

<><><><>

"Pooh, wake up." Someone whispers in my ear.

"Puddin'?" I mumble adjusting myself to sit up. In front of me I see J with a tray, cut strawberries and some type of oat cereal.

"I got vitamins and I thought you might like some orange juice to swallow them down." He smiles. Beaming I accept they tray, real food, fresh food. Kissing me on the cheek he walks back towards the door, grey sweatpants, shirtless and hair still damp. I can't believe I am such a lucky girl, I don't deserve someone so amazing. Slowly I eat at the pile of fruit and sip juice, investigating the pill I notice its hexagonal with a line going straight through it, this looks oddly familiar...

"Hello pooh." J calls from the door frame, his hair not yet jelled back it flops over one eye. 

"Puddin'?" I question, giggling at how cute he looks. Putting the tray to the side with the pill still on it I reach out my arms motioning for him to come over. I have missed him so damn much and for some reason I feel even more desperate for him than usual. Shaking his head playfully he leans against the door.

"Puddin' I'm bored, I'm bored play with me." I whine smirking. Giving in he walks over to me, adjusting me so I am sitting with my legs either side of his, my baby bump feeling even bigger. Kissing me softly he pulls up my shirt, placing his hands on my stomach rubbing his thumbs over it lightly. Smiling into the kiss I lean back and watch him admire our developing child.

"So beautiful." He whispers before moving me back slightly so he can kiss my bump. Smiling I feel the familiar fluttering and light kicking.

"Puddin' she's kicking!" I exclaim clutching his hands and pressing them to the spot I noticed the kicking most.

"She?"

"I feel like it's going to be a she, a precious little baby girl." I mumble happily. Starting to kiss me again I relax into the tingling feeling, I love him so much, we can be a proper family like I always wanted.

"I love you so much puddin'." I whisper biting lightly at his earlobe. He moans slightly, pushing me down against the bed. Hovering over me I can't help but admire his gorgeous eyes.

"I love you too, pooh." Kissing me lightly he then adjusts himself and gets up.

"We're going shopping." He says before we leave the room. I want to go normal shopping, I want to look at baby things properly and talk to people. I think I have an idea of how to pull that off. Going into the bathroom I begin curling my hair, slowly it begins to look good. I spend a good half hour tucking my dyed strands of hair into a bun until all that is noticeable is blonde. Applying some natural looking makeup I search for my old glasses. 5 minutes of searching later and finally I find them, god have I missed them. Slipping them on my vision clears and becomes so much sharper. Plain black leggings, black converse and a flannel shirt.

"Puddin'?" I call out, walking through rooms searching for him.

"Harls?" I hear him call out. Kitchen, rushing down the stairs I find him taking to one of his bodyguards.

"Puddin' can we please go normal shopping? Like normal people do?" I can't help but notice how timid I feel.

"How about you go gun shopping or something and I get baby things? Tree could come with me?" I say pointing towards the well built man. Chuckling Tree places an arm around my shoulders.

"Taking kiddo shopping for a kid." He jokes, he has always called me 'kiddo' and I'm still not fully sure why.

"Okay but make sure it isn't just things for a girl make it unisex." J agrees, kissing my cheek before handing me a credit card, presumably one of his many stolen ones that he's had someone hack into the details of.

"Love you." I squeal kissing him back. He takes a moment to grab something from his office before coming back and walking me to the car with Tree close behind us. With Tree like a third wheel in the back J happily kisses my hand before starting up the car. I had managed to convince him to let us take a normal one and drive at normal speed as to not arouse suspicion. Finally we stop outside of a shopping mall, kissing Joker goodbye Tree and I get out, I adjust my bag and head inside excitedly.

"Do you know which floor they have that store with all the baby stuff?" I ask Tree making my way to the elevator.

"You expect me to know? A big buff guy like me?" He replies sounding extremely serious.

"Fourth." He adds making me laugh lightly.

"Hey, I have a sister and she wanted me to help pick out baby clothes this one time!" He attempts to defend himself.

"Okay, okay, you're still a tough guy." I say in a gruff voice, giggling at the look on his face. Smiling I press the up button which is so worn down you can only tell it goes up because its the top button of the two. A small ding sounds and doors open to reveal a lady with a large pram, a tiny baby and a toddler sitting in it.

"Going up?" She asks breaking me from my broody daze. Nodding Tree and I get in. Smiling I press the button for the fourth floor, a small backlight glows showing that it has been properly selected.

"How far along are you?" The lady asks motioning to my growing belly.

"Gosh it feels like forever, I feel huge!" I laugh noticing the baby looking up at me with big blue eyes.

"Your children are gorgeous." I compliment reaching out a finger to the tiny human. Clutching lightly with her tiny fingers I can't help but feel a swell of emotions.

"Is it your first?" She asks, genuinely interested in talking to me.

"Actually yes, I'm going shopping today and I have no idea what I am doing, I suppose you could say I'm not as prepared as I thought I would be." I laugh shaking my finger lightly to the babies delight.

"Oh it's an amazing experience, with my first little Sarah over here I got so emotional." I tilt my head smiling wide just as the doors open.

"It was so nice to meet you and good luck." She smiles as I pry my finger from the infants hands, it's not as easy as it looks, they have a good grip.

"Thank you, you too." I smile waving just before the door close again. Tree and I make our way over to the closest shop with big displays of cribs, clothes, car seats and everything else you could possibly need for a child. Excitedly we walk through the large glass sliding doors, the first thing I go towards is the section where there are cribs. There are so many in different sizes and shapes, how am I supposed to know which one to get. A staff member walks over to Tree and I with a big cheery smile on her face.

"Hello, I'm Claire. Can I help you at all?" Relieved I shake her hand.

"Hello, yes I really need help. I have no idea what I'm doing." I laugh motioning to all of the different options.

"Well if you don't mind me asking it will just help to know your budget range?" Knowing my puddin' he would have given me a card with the maximum limit if there even is one.

"Well I do not want to seem big headed but I will say it is very high, so whichever is the best no matter the price will be great." I smile admiring the different woods used.

"The colours I have in mind for the nursery is a light minty green or a pale yellow, not too hard on the eyes and a nice unisex colour."

"I think I know exactly what will look great with that!" She exclaims happily leading me to the end of the isle. This is going to be fun.