Chapter 30

"Damn it!" Amelia heard her mom yell from downstairs. She winced at her harsh tone and was glad Eva was at Nooras. She had urged her to go. The first night was always the worst. Slowly she got up from her position in her bed and went to the stairs. She needed to go, get out of the house before her mom spotted her. Her mom was an angry drunk.

She crept down the stairs slowly. Each step with more care. Being careful not to make so much noise. She was at the door when her keys jingled and she froze.

"Where are you going?" Her mothers voice rang in her ears. She thought about just leaving, going, but couldn't bring herself to. She turned and faced her mom. Two bottles of wine on the counter. One empty and the other almost.

"I'm going out, mom." She almost forgot to add the 'mom', she never thought of her like that when she was like this.

"No you're not you're grounded!" Her mom yelled. Amelia winced at her words, she felt the sting in them and smelt the alcohol on her breath.

"Mom plea-"

Amelia was silenced with a smack against her cheek. She recoiled, holding it. She was breathing hard, unevenly. She looked back at her mom.

"This is your fault! He left because you weren't enough! Not me!" She began yelled and Amelia just cowered. She never cowered. She reached for the door and flung it open. Running, running far away from that house. A place she actually felt safe. Her mom may have been drunk before, yelled and been at peace. But she had never payed a finger on Amelia. And that was too much for her.

Once she felt she had run enough she fell to her knees in the street. She didn't know what else to do. She was broken. She had nothing, she had no one.

"Amelia?"

The voice was clear amongst the madness in her head. She looked up and found her eyes on Chris. She may have hated me still for what he'd done but in that moment that didn't matter. She didn't care how or why he was there, he was there.

"Chris!" She exclaims and jumps up wrapping her arms around his neck. He is shocked and at first doesn't hug her back but soon his hands find her waist and wrap around it, holding her close.

"I miss you so fucking much." He whispers into her hair and kisses the top of his head. She doesn't know why she cries but she does. Amelia missed Chris more than she's ever kissed anyone. And she needed him, more than she knew. He let go of her and inspected her. He saw the red mark on her cheek.

"Are you okay? What are you doing out here? What happened? Did someone hit you?" His voice raises on the last one. And Amelia smiles despite the situation.

"I'll tell you all about it later." She laughs. He looks at her like she's crazy. "I know this seems weird and awful." She says understanding the look. "But, you're here! And I-I don't know why but even after all the bullshit that I literally, just went through. You never fail to make me feel like it's all gone. And here we are, standing in some random street and I can't feel anything right now except for my overwhelming, non stop love, for you." Amelia let's out a breath she realizes she was holding in. Chris is looking at her wide eyed. He was not expecting her to say any of that.

And he doesn't have to because Amelia wraps her arms around his neck and is kissing him instantly. The kiss is passionate and loving. The feeling from before had returned and Amelia prayed it would never leave again. She couldn't live without Chris and she knew that.

"What about what I-"

"What you did was wrong. What you did hurt me more than I can ever say. But for some reason I love you, and I will continue to love you and only you for as long as we will live and if you can just tell me that you can do the same, I would be the happiest girl in Norway." She smiles. Chris smiles at her and kisses her again.

"Of course, I love you." He says and Amelia hugs him tightly again. She was like a little kid in love. She was happy and just wanted to be with him. Forever.

"Now what happened to your face?" He asks taking a serious tone and touching her cheek, which still stung. Her smile fell and her eyes began to fill with tears again. Chris pulled her into his chest and she cried. He didn't know why but she did, her mother. It was all coming back. She was just glad that Chris was there for her now.

"It's, it's my mom." Amelia says as Chris wipes away her tears. "My-my dad l-left." She sniffles. "He's in America and he abandoned us. So, my m-mom started drinking and-" Chris pulled her into another close hug as she began to cry. He knew where it was going and he didn't like it all all. No one could hurt Amelia, no one should hurt such a good person, no one could hurt the one he loved.

"Shhhh." He tried calming her down as she leaves tear stains on his shirt. "Stay with me tonight." Chris says and Amelia nods as they walk to his car, parked just a half a mile from where they were. When they're in the car Amelia turned to Chris.

"Why were you out there?" She asks. He is silent at first and then he sighs.

"I don't know. I just felt the need to be there. At that moment. So I drove out and parked my car and walked. To clear my head, of you. And instead I found you." He smiles at his last sentence. Amelia grabs his hand that's not on the wheel and he pulls it up to his face, kissing it and squeezing it. Amelia was comforted by the gesture.

She was glad she had Chris, because her life was getting a little too much for her to handle alone.

Okay it's been depressing lately so I thought I'd reward you all and get Chris and Amelia back together! I mean she's going through a lot of shit right now and it's only gonna get worse so I feel she needs Chris, I mean she loves him unconditionally.

So yes, they're together.
No, her life is not getting easier
But at least she has him.

Remember to like, comment, share, and love!