Chapter 12

"Oh my god, Amelia I'm so sorry." Eva says as Amelia wipes away tears.

"I know what I've said hasn't necessarily made it seemed like I loved him but I did." Amelia says. "It was like Chris and I. Behind closed doors he was a whole different person and when I wanted to take that out and have it not be so different I got the real deal. The cheating, the lies, the manipulation. I was 14 when I lost my virginity and I don't regret it, I regret only doing it with him." She says shakily. Eva puts her arm around her and strokes her back. "I know that doesn't justify everything but a part of me thinks if I just hadn't met him..." she trails off and Eva nods knowing.

Amelia walked in to school on her fifteenth birthday in a tight black crop, tight ripped white jeans, hair straight, and with her combat boots. Before whistled as she passed and she smiled. It had been a month since Jake had broken her heart. And all she felt now was burning revenge.

"Jake baby." Amelia says from behind him. He turns and his eyes almost pop out of his socket. "Aren't you going to wish me a happy birthday?" She taunts twirling a piece of hair in her hands.

"Happy Birthday..." he says coming closer and grabbing her going in for a kiss. She puts a finger to his lips though.

"Oh babe. You thought I wanted you back? How sad." She smirks. Jakes face is pure shock. "See, you're going to have to work a lot harder than that." She whispers in his ear and then turns and leaves.

She was going to play him till she hurt him.

-

"Come here." Jake murmurs pulling Amelia closers. The lock lips but only for one kiss.

"Jake." She says still in his arms. He looks at her.

"You really think at this moment I have any feelings for you?" His look of hurt makes her happy.

-

"Amelia I love you. I am so desperately in love with you please!" Begs Jake. Amelia just laughs.

"Don't you see?" She says coming closer to him tauntingly. "I don't. And I never will because you are nothing. Nothing." She says all smiling. "So give up. Because it's worthless trying, like you."

"Amelia..." Eva trails off at the other part of her story.

"I've been that way ever since." She says. "I don't know what it is about hurting him but it made me feel powerful and happy and so I did it again, and again, and again..." Amelia explains putting her face in her hands.

"It's okay." Eva says.

"Tell that to all the guys I've broken." Amelia laughs pitifully. Eva just sighs.

"The thing is...." Amelia starts.

"Hm?" Eva's attention is on Amelia.

"With Chris..." Amelia plays with her hands. "I didn't have to be like that."

"Why do you mean?" Eva asks.

"It's like..it's like I felt different with him." Amelia tries to explain. "I felt like I could do anything, I could change, he was right about that we both could." Amelia stands feeling the weight of her words. "Standing in that street with him I felt like we were the only two people alive and that we were just a normal couple that there was no game that there was no hurt from our pasts that we were free from who we really were..." Amelia smiles thinking of it she's laughing slightly. "Something about him makes everything okay..." she trails off.

"You love him?" Eva asks suddenly. Amelia looks at her, her answer on her face.

"I don't know." She says. Eva chuckles sadly.

"That's the thing Amelia," she begins. "You do know." Amelia sits down next to her cousin and looks at her knowingly.

"I know." She says quietly.

"Then why are you so afraid to say it? Not even just to him, but to me?" Eva asks.

"I guess...I guess I'm afraid of my own feelings. I know he loves me...loved me, but I'm still afraid." Amelia admits.

"Well you have a choice." Eva says standing.

"You can go to school tomorrow like nothing happened and act like you hate the world....or you can come to a cabin with us girls and clear your mind...." Eva suggests.

Amelia decided, she'd do a bit of both.

Yay update. I know it's short but these chapters are more leading up to stuff so yah :) enjoy!

Remember to like, comment, share, and love!