Chapter 28

"Hi." Eva peaks into Amelia's room.

"Hai." Amelia says putting on her top.

"Are you coming to school?" She asks. Amelia nods, quickly putting on her boots. "I'm ready." She shakes her head. After the day before Amelia just needed to get out. She couldn't let him go it was true. She couldn't stop loving him that was also true. But she could ignore him and force herself to pretend like nothing happened. It worked so well before right?

"Let's go." Eva ushered her along. She knew today would be a long, long day.

When they got to school all the girls engulfed Amelia. And Noora was there. "Thank you guys." Amelia laughs and hugs them all. She was glad to have such great friends like them.

"Are you okay?" Noora asks hugging her again when everyone dispersed. Amelia smiles, glad her friend was here.

"I'm okay. Why weren't you here yesterday?" Amelia asks looking at Noora, studying how her face changes as she asks. Almost sad and scared but then a smile.

"Just wasn't feeling well." The rest of the girls seem to except her answer but Amelia knew something was up. But for now she let it go.

"So May 17th is coming up." Amelia prompts cheerfully. Everyone looks at her oddly, she shouldn't be so happy. She can fake it yeah but her voice sounded genuinely happy. She wasn't of course, but she could fake it very well. Only Eva could hear the deep sadness behind her smile. And she stood closer to her and grabbed her, linking their arms. Amelia sent her a small grateful smile. She didn't know how much more she could take.

"Happy much?" Sana asks skeptically.

"It's okay to be sad Amelia." Vilde says looking sweetly at Amelia. She reaches out and grabs her hand.

"I'm okay. Out here I am. I may be fighting a battle in my head but for the public I can smile. Not everyone needs to know what's going on with me." Amelia sighs. They all nod, understanding.

"So, May 17th." She says again and this time Vilde lights up and begins talking about some brunch they would all be attending together as a bus. But Amelia couldn't hear her too well, everything seemed to be on a low mute. Because she saw him. Since they had last seen each other, well, last slept with each other too.

He was walking into the yard with William. Who was almost pulling him along. He didn't look like he wanted to be there. He looked aloof and slightly angry. But when he spotted her, his hard face melted away. And as he walked behind William his face turned to a longing. A longing for Amelia. And she was sure hers did too. Because they both knew that no matter what the other person did, they would love them till the day they died. And that scared them both. Amelia so much that she ran. She couldn't be there, who was she kidding? She heard the girls yelling after her but she just ran she just bulleted. She just ran.

She heard footsteps after her and knew that it was Chris without even looking back. She had to get home. Only a little while away she ran and opened the door which was glad she had forgotten to lock that morning. Just as he reached the porch she slammed it closed and the lock sounded. She heard Chris place his hands on the other side of the door. "Please." He muttered into the door. She could picture him perfectly, his head leaning against the door and his hands balled in fists begging for her to just open the door.

Amelia couldn't do that though, she couldn't do it or she would let him in again. Literally and figuratively. She would let him in and she knew she couldn't stop herself from jumping on him and showering him with kisses and forgiving him for the horrible thing he had done. So, she had to do what she had to do.

"Leave." She yelled through the door.

"I can't leave you." Chris said immediately back. "I know it's eating you up inside too." He says. And he was right, it was. But she couldn't tell him that.

"I don't need you. Leave me alone." Amelia says again. She places her hands on the door and feels where she thinks that Chris's hands are, putting hers to match.

"Please, please, please." He says quietly but she still hears him. "Amelia please open the door. I love you." Chris says, it sounded as if he was breaking down which made Amelia's heart hurt, physically hurt. She didn't want to hurt him. She had said she couldn't. And she couldn't, not without hurting herself as well. But maybe she deserved the pain of hurting the only one she loved. Maybe she deserved it for being foolish enough to believe that love worked out in the end. She now thought that it only hurt.

"I don't." She says quietly, as if she herself were trying to believe it.

"Come on Amelia don't do this again." Chris's fist bangs on the door a little, shocking her. She knew that none of them thought her words were true but if she said it enough it would hurt so much that they would eventually believe it.

"I don't love you." She says again louder.

"God." Chris bangs the door again. "Amelia please." She knows that he's crying now and tears fill her own eyes.

"I-I don't love you." She says again her voice shaking.

"Amelia please open the door before it's too late." Chris cries. He bangs it again.

"I don't love you." She says again like it's an affirmation in the mirror. "I don't love you."

"Amelia!" He screams banging on the door.

"I don't love you!" She screams back, tears falling quickly from her eyes. She fell against the door and slid down into the floor, crying out loudly. It was silent on the other end and then a thump on the door signaled that Chris was doing the same thing. She heard him crying and that only made her cry harder.

"I'll never stop loving you." She hears him say.

Amelia looks up at the ceiling and shakes her head. Why was this so hard? She hurt all over. Her body ached because of him, because of her love for him. And she didn't know what to do.

"Neither will I." She says quietly hoping he doesn't hear.

One day. One day into their split and it was already ruining Amelia Mohn.

Yes I'm a sad writer I'm sorry

Am I sorry for writing a good story? Nope. Sorry so many of you are telling g me you're crying? Yeah kinda😂 please don't cryyyyyy.

I mean I bet half of you aren't even actually crying but still.

Remember to like, comment, share, and love!