"Oh goodness it looks even better than I imagined it would on you, beige really does compliment your red hair. It reminded me of your sand too so I knew I had to get it! Oh! I almost forgot I got you one last thing, wait here!"

I nodded and watched her stumble upwards in excitement. She ran out of the room while I stayed seated, turning back to the clothing. Looking at the amount of clothes she had gotten for me...was fairly large. I looked at the sweater I was holding to see that it still had a tag. I turned it around to find out the price only to see that she scratched it out.

These clothes...they're all brand new so they must've costed her a lot of money. She bought all of this for me...but...where is she getting all of her money from? She needs a job to earn money doesn't she? That is unless she's receiving it by other means... Allowance? Perhaps...she does wash dishes and clean around the house every so often but I've never seen her parents actually give her money.

Hmm.

I contemplated silently, clutching my new sweater tightly, attempting to think of possible leads.

Other means...

I stared at the clothes (Y/N) had given to me as a gift, running possibilities in my head simultaneously.

...

?!

Gifts...a gift? Gift money?! She's using her gift money on me!

My train of thought was abruptly interrupted when I heard the door open once more, revealing my dear friend.

"Got it!"

She skipped over to me and sat down. With a warm smile she lifted up her hands, showing me a small jewelry box.

"Go on, take it!"

I blinked once before I took the small box from her hands. I opened it to see a silver necklace that held a small messenger bottle. Tied around the bottle with a tiny rope was a tag that read, "friends".

"Friends?"

"Mhmm!"

I looked back up to see her reaching into her chest and taking out a necklace of her own. I saw that it was the exact same necklace as the one I was holding in the box, however her tag read, "best".

"These are best friend necklaces, I have one piece while you have the other. When we're together we spell out "best friends" and make them complete! They originally had sand in them but I took it out because I wanted them to hold your sand."

My mind went blank for a second after what she had just told me and I stayed staring at her necklace for a few seconds.

"W-we're?....we're best friends?..."

She laughed and nodded cheerfully.

"But duh! Of course we are! We've known each other for 5 years now, it'll be 6 in just a few more months. Why? You don't consider me your best friend?"

The question made me spring up an automatic response that I nearly yelled out even before she finished her question.

"Yes, I do! But I...I...."

I was cut off abruptly when I felt a pair of warm arms wrap around me, followed by (Y/N)'s sweet floral scent.

"You were always my best friend Gaara. Best friends care about each other and they look out for each other, isn't that what we've been doing?"