White Rose

"W-who are you?..." your shaky voice quivers.

The boy on the opposite end of your bed continued to stare at you with utter shock and fear. He seemed to be unable to take hold of the situation in front of him. His small figure shook slightly with terror as he stared into your  (e/c) eyes. You noticed his slight trembling and reached up in assurance.

"It's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you, I just wanna know where you came from. I just hope you have the same friendly intention as me," You say but whisper the last sentence out.

His eyes lower down in relief and his terror slightly subsides, however you can tell he's still tense.

"There we go, see? No harm whatsoever... So, first things first...what's your name?" You ask as you give him a small smile.

The young red head slowly opens his mouth to speak, "......G-G...."

He stops and widens his eyes again, as if to realize something, then he tries to continue again, "....G....G....G-G..."

He struggles and slightly frowns as he tries to continue, "...G-Gaa.....G.....G-gaa.......r-ra..."

"Gaara?"

He nods his head quickly in response. You then proceed to raise an eyebrow.

"You seem to be having a difficult time when you talk, you can't really talk can you?"

Instead of answering your question the pale child looks down and an expression that is filled with sorrow enters his features.

You frowned yourself and looked down, "I'm sorry..."

Although he may not be able to speak very well, it seems that he's able to understand you, seeing that he was attempting to answer your questions.

You looked back up as you raised another question, "But you can understand me right?"

Without glancing at you he nodded slowly, continuing to look down as a piercing silence entered the atmosphere between you two. Then a sudden idea came to your little mind and your head shot up as you broke the silence.

"I could help you out with speech! Well... If you want or don't mind of course!"

His head jerked up at your suggestion and his seafoam eyes widened in astonishment at your suggestion.

"It shouldn't be that hard now should it?" You say with a small smirk.

"B....b-b...." He winces as he tries his best to form his speech, giving it his all to form his words.

"Shh it's okay, I don't mind giving you a few lessons, just ugh....don't hurt me, you know?"

You send a small smile his way and he returns it with his own, along with a nod. There was a small period of silence for a few moments when Gaara broke it by trying to talk to you.

"....n....n-n....n-na......me?"

Your eyes extended at his stuttering question, a realization hitting you. You hadn't even given him your name yet.

"Oh man I am so sorry I'm over here making proclamations when I haven't even given you my own name, heh. Forgive my rudeness, my name is (y/n)!"

Gaara smiles when he hears your name, attempting to repeat it him self.

"Please, don't strain yourself, in time you'll be able to call my name from a mile away!"

Gaara's small smile grows even larger at your words. As another wave of silence begins to sweep over the room, you begin to think to yourself. Who is Gaara exactly? And where did he come from? How is it possible he was able to fit in the gourd? Actually it's impossible for him to fit inside, he was 2x the size of the small gourd. All these questions circle around your mind as you continue to contemplate. Even though Gaara is a stranger to you, you felt like you could trust him, after all he is placing his own trust in you isn't he? Who says you can't trust him in return?